Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 15, 2020, 12:08:24 pm

Title: Elgol - but this time with a loooong exposure
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 15, 2020, 12:08:24 pm
Another shot of Elgol, but this time taken using a much longer exposure to flatten out the waves and blur the sky a bit.

If you are reading this Jeremy, then please forgive me for not replying to you sooner, as I did of course read your reply to my other recent shots of Elgol shown on another thread on Lula (https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=135682.0), but rather than simply reply to you straight away, I thought it would be easier to just go back out and take another shot of Elgol as per your suggestion with a loooong exposure ;). And even though I do enjoy taking long exposure shots just as much as the next photographer, I try not to do it for every single seascape shot I take, as to my mind it would soon start to become a little bit too repetitive and cliched looking, but whatever each to their own as they say and yet I must admit that I do like this shot, so perhaps you were right all along???  :) ;)

Dave

Title: Re: Elgol - but this time with a loooong exposure
Post by: RSL on August 15, 2020, 02:47:12 pm
NIcely done, Dave.
Title: Re: Elgol - but this time with a loooong exposure
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 15, 2020, 02:55:54 pm
No apology necessary! I like the long exposure effect here; I think it works well.

However, I had a particular reason for suggesting it for the first image of your other thread. I find the contrast between solid, immobile, immovable rock and scudding clouds to be very telling. I've posted a couple of images which demonstrate that point and I'll put links here when i have time to look for them.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Elgol - but this time with a loooong exposure
Post by: guido on August 16, 2020, 06:55:27 am
Lovely image Dave!
Title: Re: Elgol - but this time with a loooong exposure
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 16, 2020, 11:02:10 am
Lovely image Dave!
+1.
Title: Re: Elgol - but this time with a loooong exposure
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on August 17, 2020, 05:02:00 am
Nice one.
Title: Re: Elgol - but this time with a loooong exposure
Post by: francois on August 17, 2020, 07:37:54 am
I also like this one. The long exposure seems to give a quieter mood.
Well done and good try!
Title: Re: Elgol - but this time with a loooong exposure
Post by: Mark Nadler on August 18, 2020, 08:34:29 pm
The slightly elongated clouds fit the other physical features of your image.
Title: Re: Elgol - but this time with a loooong exposure
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 21, 2020, 02:08:47 pm
Thanks everyone and many apologies for not logging in here to reply several days sooner, but I have been busy trying to wrap my head around HTML coding again, using an old version of Dreamweaver I bought off Ebay for a fiver, even though it must be at least 20 years ago since I last tried to create anything other than a very basic website and which has quickly turned into a right pain in the arse, but I'm getting there now, albeit slowly  :)

So thanks again everyone, and as usual all your comments are greatly appreciated  ;)

Dave