Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on April 10, 2020, 06:56:45 am

Title: Good Friday
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 10, 2020, 06:56:45 am
Good Friday. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2020/04/10/good-friday/)

Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: francois on April 10, 2020, 07:06:37 am
Fantastic shot with the sun placed perfectly (or expertly)…
Thanks for sharing again.
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 10, 2020, 07:32:31 am
+1
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: RSL on April 10, 2020, 07:47:56 am
+2
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 10, 2020, 08:14:59 am
Beautifully lit, Rajan.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Rob C on April 10, 2020, 09:18:24 am
Beautifully lit, Rajan.

Jeremy


Agreed, but I think I'd thank God for the lighting, what with it being Easter and all...

:-)
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 10, 2020, 09:23:53 am

Agreed, but I think I'd thank God for the lighting, what with it being Easter and all...

:-)

Rob, I would thank the philosopher Woody Allen, who impressed on me long ago that "80% of life is showing up." 😀
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 10, 2020, 09:25:11 am
Thank you, all.

Francois - it was pure luck. I suspected I was in the right position at the time but had no way of knowing a priori that it would happen.
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Rob C on April 10, 2020, 09:36:28 am
Rob, I would thank the philosopher Woody Allen, who impressed on me long ago that "80% of life is showing up." 😀


I loved the guy in What's new, Pussycat which must be my most loved comedy movie of all time. It had a sense of hysteria that simply pulled all of my strings pretty much at the same time.

Lighting credits aside, you still pulled off a lovely photograph.

Rob
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: brandtb on April 10, 2020, 11:18:05 am
Very nice Rajan
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: John R on April 10, 2020, 12:32:27 pm
Very nice Rajan
Indeed, well done.

JR
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on April 10, 2020, 01:02:10 pm
 As the others have said, it's just lovely Rajan!!
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: kers on April 10, 2020, 08:08:54 pm
Beautiful shot! Makes Reykjavik look almost oriental.
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 11, 2020, 04:36:53 am
Rob, Brandt, John, Kevin, Kers - thank you.
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 11, 2020, 02:25:16 pm
Francois - it was pure luck. I suspected I was in the right position at the time but had no way of knowing a priori that it would happen.

"The more I practice, the luckier I get". Attributed to various professional golfers.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: Peter McLennan on April 11, 2020, 10:22:16 pm
Rob, I would thank the philosopher Woody Allen, who impressed on me long ago that "80% of life is showing up." 😀


Heh.  Admirably humble of you, Rajan.  "F8 and be there"  :)

Superb image, as usual.
Title: Re: Good Friday
Post by: MattBurt on April 14, 2020, 12:56:03 pm
Lovely shot very well done. 
Yes, thank Woody Allen.  8)