Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rob C on March 28, 2020, 11:50:58 am
-
Well, gotta do something other than the cooking, the washing up, the walking the terrace, the watching of Justified and depressing world news.
D200 + 2.8/105mm Micro-Nikkor.
:-(
-
By the way, this thread was supposed to be for snaps made whilst incarcerated in a friendly prison, and is indended to be open to all, not just be about a single image from myself.
All are invited to contribute without fear of hijacking!
Rob
-
My den of sanity...taken with my cell as I turned the lights off in the studio. In most ways nothing is all that different here.
Peter
-
Peter, how many brushes do you consume in a year?
;-)
-
Peter, how many brushes do you consume in a year?
;-)
I will use anywhere from 30-50 in a session. I will totally wear out 30-50 brushes in a year. As in Beau Geste, the dead serve. I'll use the now bald brush handles to scrape and abrade surfaces. Also I will place the handles into a pencil sharpener for a magnificent point, which will enable me to scratch thru layers to reveal color beneath the surface. I have a table with my stash of brushes. There must me several hundred waiting in the wings. I live in the sticks without anywhere to buy my materials. So I buy in major bulk.
Also ridiculous amounts of Paint, canvas and such.
Peter
-
I will use anywhere from 30-50 in a session. I will totally wear out 30-50 brushes in a year. As in Beau Geste, the dead serve. I'll use the now bald brush handles to scrape and abrade surfaces. Also I will place the handles into a pencil sharpener for a magnificent point, which will enable me to scratch thru layers to reveal color beneath the surface. I have a table with my stash of brushes. There must me several hundred waiting in the wings. I live in the sticks without anywhere to buy my materials. So I buy in major bulk.
Also ridiculous amounts of Paint, canvas and such.
Peter
There is no way you are going to be mistaken for an amateur (in the vulgar sense)!
I am intrigued by the double canvases of what looks like the same idea.
Rob
-
Hi Rob,
The Painting on the Main Easel is 60"x60". That is part of a series of 4 paintings that I am working on. The smaller painting you see to the right is a 36"x36" study. A rather large study but a study none the less. I do the large study not just for color and design, but also to rehearse the marks and how I want the painting to flow thru arm movement and such. Also to get an idea of paint volume I'm going to need.
Peter
-
Another messy studio...
-
Another messy studio...
No, Russ, that's a de luxe version of a studio. Is it the Floridian one? I seem to remember the Colorado one to be larger, but memory ain't what she used to be.
I have a nice, large printer too, but it's as dead as a proverbial brick.
:-(
-
No, Russ, that's a de luxe version of a studio. Is it the Floridian one? I seem to remember the Colorado one to be larger, but memory ain't what she used to be.
I have a nice, large printer too, but it's as dead as a proverbial brick.
:-(
That's the Florida one, Rob. You're right, the Colorado one was a lot bigger. But this one's been big enough to do the stuff I do. Once we move into an end-of-the-road place I'll have to give up the mat cutter, dry-mounting press, etc., etc. Ah well. It's been great while it lasted.
I love that Epson 3880. When I moved it from Colorado to Florida I didn't really expect it to survive, but it did. The stuff on the walls in the picture are from that printer. The house also is full of 17 x 22 inch prints from the printer. It's still going. May not make it back to Colorado, though.
-
My office/workshop looks closer to Peter's than Russ's - though without the excuse of being a painter..........
Jim
-
My office/workshop looks closer to Peter's than Russ's - though without the excuse of being a painter..........
Jim
Jim,
LOL. I had this studio built in ‘89. I do a deep clean every now and then. Mostly then.
Peter
-
Jim,
LOL. I had this studio built in ‘89. I do a deep clean every now and then. Mostly then.
Peter
That's the best way: once, when I was complaining about the time it talkes out of my life just to clean the apartment, a friend told me not to be silly, that if I wait three months, it naturally reaches a point where nobody can tell if it has been cleaned recently or not! Wise man; I like friends like that, with my best interests at heart. As all the estate agents have been closed for the foreseeable future, no point in knocking myself out.
Rob
-
Peter, lovely studio.
My favourite studio has to be that of Francis Bacon. Worth a google search.
-
Peter, lovely studio.
My favourite studio has to be that of Francis Bacon. Worth a google search.
Thanks Keith,
I am aware of Mr. Bacon's refuge.
Considering he started as a Furniture designer, It's amazing what he accomplished in his space...just for clarity's sake.
Here is an image of his studio. Rather clean compared to other times in his life.
The circular mirror and the table combo was one of his designs...
Peter
-
Bacon's looks a lot like my home office. :'(