Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: rawlit on March 02, 2020, 11:17:47 pm
-
Hello all - first post for me here, glad to join the community
I'm looking for the right Hassy V body to fit onto an Aptus 65 (V mount) Digital Back which a friend has given me
I currently have some FE lenses (110, 50 2.8 and 150 2.8) without leaf shutter
What's most suitable body to use with this Digital Back and my lenses? Hopefully without shutter speed constraint?
I did some research but couldn't find relevant information, appreciate your inputs
Thank you
rawlit
https://500px.com/aguarino
-
Given the lenses that you have, any of the various 200-series of cameras.
http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/Hasselblad200.html (http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/Hasselblad200.html)
http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HS/HSTable.aspx (http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HS/HSTable.aspx)
http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWLenses.aspx (http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWLenses.aspx)
http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWVSys.aspx (http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWVSys.aspx)
-
thank you for the very fast reply!
Would these cameras require any modification to be used with Aptus 65, any cables to be used and would there be limitations in sync speed?
Thanks again
-
The 200-series body recommendation was based on the lenses that you have.
For compatibility information of Leaf backs, I would recommend contacting Capture Integration.
https://captureintegration.com (https://captureintegration.com)
-
thank you for the very fast reply!
Would these cameras require any modification to be used with Aptus 65, any cables to be used and would there be limitations in sync speed?
Thanks again
You would just need the cable from the camera sync port (originally designed for the flash X-sync) to the back. That's a standard cable for P1 also, and usually comes with the back. There is no limitation in sync speed except what the camera is able to (no leaf shutter, so don't expect short x-sync). Cheers!
-
Hello all - first post for me here, glad to join the community
I'm looking for the right Hassy V body to fit onto an Aptus 65 (V mount) Digital Back which a friend has given me
I currently have some FE lenses (110, 50 2.8 and 150 2.8) without leaf shutter
What's most suitable body to use with this Digital Back and my lenses? Hopefully without shutter speed constraint?
I did some research but couldn't find relevant information, appreciate your inputs
Thank you
rawlit
https://500px.com/aguarino
Sorry do disappoint you but you will need a 500 series body (any model) and leaf shutter lenses for your back. You'll need a sync cable from the lens to the bock and the Camera Settings on the back (or in the software) should be set to 500 series or to Large Format.
BR
Yair
-
You should look at the cost and limited potential future value of all of this work versus sell the lot and just buy an X1D either new or second hand.