Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on February 03, 2020, 11:19:43 am

Title: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 03, 2020, 11:19:43 am
Shot in the Dolomites in June 2019 at Alpe di Siusi which is a high altitude meadow area. The altitude of where I was is 2100 meters.I think it is the highest meadows in Europe. Quite a special area.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49482956273_f09ef150dc_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2ioD5Wv)High altitude meadows with flowers (https://flic.kr/p/2ioD5Wv) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: RSL on February 03, 2020, 11:38:16 am
Very nice, Hans.
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 03, 2020, 04:29:22 pm
Gorgeous!
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: LesPalenik on February 03, 2020, 10:30:36 pm
Splendid picture.
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: maddogmurph on February 04, 2020, 12:58:32 am
I'm guessing that's why it sometimes get's inundated with fog?
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 04, 2020, 02:26:39 am
I like the light variations with lighted and shaded areas.

Thierry
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: francois on February 04, 2020, 03:12:14 am
Beautiful. I like the rich green meadows with the jagged peaks in the background and the wonderful sky.
An excellent shot!
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 04, 2020, 11:53:03 am
What a great photo.
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on February 04, 2020, 03:22:51 pm
 Just beautiful again Hans!!
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 05, 2020, 06:22:02 am
Thanks for all the comments :)
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: kers on February 05, 2020, 06:53:23 am
Beautiful shot Hans,

Reminds me i once want to see the beautiful flowervalley at Cogne ( Aosta). They flower in june too i believe...
I was always a bit too late...
Have you been there? When i was there i could imagine it was a great place to write a symphony.
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 07, 2020, 05:16:05 pm
Beautiful shot Hans,

Reminds me i once want to see the beautiful flowervalley at Cogne ( Aosta). They flower in june too i believe...
I was always a bit too late...
Have you been there? When i was there i could imagine it was a great place to write a symphony.

Thanks Kers,

I have been in the Aosta valley, but this is many many years ago and not for photography. I have been thinking about passing there on the way back from my workshops to have a look. A symphony, yes, what about Bruckner symphony nr. 4? Maybe Bruckner was inspired by the mountains behind Mont Blanc. I sometimes play this symphony in the car when I drive in the mountains. :)
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: MattBurt on February 07, 2020, 06:30:43 pm
Lovely!
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: RBFritz on February 07, 2020, 09:47:45 pm
Yes ,Gorgeous. I want to see it in person.
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 10, 2020, 09:43:57 am
Thanks Matt :)
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Alan Klein on February 10, 2020, 04:44:02 pm
Very nice shot and lighting.  The shadow areas look fine so dark.  Very dramatic. I don;t understand why people get so excited with pulling ut the shadow areas.  Contrast is nice.  Your sharpening techniques are admirable.  Would you care to share them?
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: kers on February 11, 2020, 08:16:33 am
Thanks Kers,

I have been in the Aosta valley, but this is many many years ago and not for photography. I have been thinking about passing there on the way back from my workshops to have a look. A symphony, yes, what about Bruckner symphony nr. 4? Maybe Bruckner was inspired by the mountains behind Mont Blanc. I sometimes play this symphony in the car when I drive in the mountains. :)

The Aosta valley itself is not to like but the mountain area around it is very nice with flowers and Capricorn.
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 11, 2020, 03:09:54 pm
Very nice shot and lighting.  The shadow areas look fine so dark.  Very dramatic. I don;t understand why people get so excited with pulling ut the shadow areas.  Contrast is nice.  Your sharpening techniques are admirable.  Would you care to share them?

Thanks Alan, I think shadows are very important. In this case it was needed, I felt. The sharpening is all done in Lightroom Classic, so no special tools used. Output sharpening for screen at standard level. The lens used was the Nikon Z 24-70 f/4 S on the Z7 and the lens is very sharp with very good contrast.
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: Hans Kruse on February 11, 2020, 03:11:27 pm
The Aosta valley itself is not to like but the mountain area around it is very nice with flowers and Capricorn.

Right, I was not thinking of the valley, but the mountains. I was on a hike through Grand Paradiso many years ago (40 years ago!) and I remember it as an amazing area which I would like to go back to.
Title: Re: High altitude meadows with flowers
Post by: BAB on February 12, 2020, 10:11:04 pm
Really nice image especially from the side of the road