Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: pixcamireland on December 12, 2019, 10:21:55 am

Title: Lines and smudges Epson 9880
Post by: pixcamireland on December 12, 2019, 10:21:55 am
Sorry for the terrible phone pic. Thanks in advance for any help. I've an epson 9880 and this has just started after printing a large canvas with lots of black ink. I only ever use Photo black. I've done all the cleaning routines and am no further forward.

Any thoughts and advice is most welcome. Thanks a million

Title: Re: Lines and smudges Epson 9880
Post by: mearussi on December 12, 2019, 02:48:07 pm
I assume you're printing on gloss/satin canvas?
Title: Re: Lines and smudges Epson 9880
Post by: pixcamireland on December 13, 2019, 05:46:09 am
Hi mearussi,

Thanks for the response.

We print on matte canvas. That was a nozzle check on Premium Lustre though. But it's doing the same on all surfaces I've tried including plain paper
at all platen gaps.
Title: Re: Lines and smudges Epson 9880
Post by: BrianWJH on December 13, 2019, 06:28:39 am
I've done all the cleaning routines and am no further forward.

Have you tried the cleaning procedures in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Mmi0nvXC8&feature=emb_logo).

Brian.
Title: Re: Lines and smudges Epson 9880
Post by: pixcamireland on December 13, 2019, 09:06:33 am
BrianWJH thank you! A very informative video. I'm definitely going to order the kit from them but there's
no way it will get to Ireland pre-christmas rush. Is there any other fluid that folks could recommend to
do even a partial clean?

Thanks so much .
Title: Re: Lines and smudges Epson 9880
Post by: deanwork on December 13, 2019, 09:25:26 am
Distilled water and a lint free cloth. Make sure the capping station where the head rests is totally clean as well as the bottom of the head. No matter what you see online, avoid windex.



BrianWJH thank you! A very informative video. I'm definitely going to order the kit from them but there's
no way it will get to Ireland pre-christmas rush. Is there any other fluid that folks could recommend to
do even a partial clean?

Thanks so much .