Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: felix5616 on December 04, 2019, 06:07:29 am

Title: Shoulder Bag/Sling/Backpack for Fuji GFX 50R and 3 lenses
Post by: felix5616 on December 04, 2019, 06:07:29 am
I am looking for something to carry my Fuji GFX 50R with 3 lenses, batteries and filters. I would like something that allows easy/quick access to my gear on the fly. I walk/hike 5+ miles a day with my dogs, seldom carry a tripod but would like that option. Backpack seem cumbersome when it comes to quick removal without removing the bag from your back. Any thought/recommendations would be appteciated
Title: Re: Shoulder Bag/Sling/Backpack for Fuji GFX 50R and 3 lenses
Post by: Ken Bennett on December 04, 2019, 10:44:03 am
Think Tank had their hiking/backcountry sling bags on sale over the holiday weekend. We ordered the smaller one (#10) for my wife, but haven't received it yet. But the interior space specs on their website suggest it's similar to my Think Tank Signature 13, which comfortably holds a GFX-50S and 2-3 lenses. Though I'd likely get the larger sling bag (the #13) to carry the camera and the three lenses I would want (23, 32-64, 100-200). The bag has a decent rig for a small tripod, too -- again, waiting to see it in person. Dunno if it will carry the tripod I need for the MF system.

https://www.thinktankphoto.com/collections/photocross-sling-bags

I usually carry gear in a shoulder bag, but for hiking that's not as good. But a backpack is a pain to work out of. I'm very curious to see if the sling bag is the best of both worlds (easy to work out of by sliding it around front), or the worst possible compromise. :)
Title: Re: Shoulder Bag/Sling/Backpack for Fuji GFX 50R and 3 lenses
Post by: diane29 on April 11, 2020, 05:50:22 pm
I use a Billingham Hadley Pro, it takes my GFX with tilt adapter and 32-64 attached plus 23mm and 120mm in the main bag plus full Lee 100mm filter system in one front pocket and the holders, spare battery, spare SD Cards, notebook etc in the other front pocket. If needed I can get my Dell Latitude E7240 laptop in the main bag between the insert and the bag. All of this BTW fits into the left saddlebag on my Harley FXR.
Title: Re: Shoulder Bag/Sling/Backpack for Fuji GFX 50R and 3 lenses
Post by: chez on April 11, 2020, 06:17:41 pm
I am looking for something to carry my Fuji GFX 50R with 3 lenses, batteries and filters. I would like something that allows easy/quick access to my gear on the fly. I walk/hike 5+ miles a day with my dogs, seldom carry a tripod but would like that option. Backpack seem cumbersome when it comes to quick removal without removing the bag from your back. Any thought/recommendations would be appteciated

I personally like a backpack as it frees your hands when not taking photos. I hate shoulder bags as they put all the weight on your shoulder...maybe the same with sling.

How often will you be changing lenses while walking the dogs. Why not just go out with camera and lens...and change up what lens you take every so often. I use a PD clip on my belt to hold my camera which allows my hands to be free, yet is easy and fast to unclip the camera ready for photography.