Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: maddogmurph on November 19, 2019, 02:10:53 am

Title: Cling
Post by: maddogmurph on November 19, 2019, 02:10:53 am
These little trees in Patagonia have it rough. They cling onto the oddest places for dear life, and get pummeled, battered, frozen, blown around, and occasionally the experience of strange bipedal creatures turning them into the subjects of immortality. I always find it interesting when you find sand at the edge of a lake. It makes a statement. 

B&W or color?
Title: Re: Cling
Post by: francois on November 19, 2019, 04:23:11 am
I would say B&W…
Title: Re: Cling
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 19, 2019, 04:26:03 am
I'd say colour, because the tree rather disappears in the B&W. But I think the colour version could stand some more processing. I love the sky in the B&W, for example, but it's a bit flat in the colour version.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Cling
Post by: kers on November 19, 2019, 08:03:02 am
Both are really nice...

If you convert the BW with a different color separation (more red sensitive) the tree will be more present.

What always strikes me is how expressive shapes these Andes mountains (volcano's) have.
Title: Re: Cling
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 19, 2019, 08:25:13 am
Nice one. Colour for me.
Title: Re: Cling
Post by: francois on November 19, 2019, 09:05:28 am
I'd say colour, because the tree rather disappears in the B&W. But I think the colour version could stand some more processing. I love the sky in the B&W, for example, but it's a bit flat in the colour version.

Jeremy

I agree, I chose B&W because the color version doesn't offer much over B&W (in the current state of processing).
Title: Re: Cling
Post by: stamper on November 19, 2019, 10:16:11 am
Colour for me but the B&W is worthy.
Title: Re: Cling
Post by: degrub on November 19, 2019, 07:33:43 pm
Duotone ?
Title: Re: Cling
Post by: armand on November 23, 2019, 10:08:56 pm
I'd say colour, because the tree rather disappears in the B&W. But I think the colour version could stand some more processing. I love the sky in the B&W, for example, but it's a bit flat in the colour version.

Jeremy

+1

The b&w has stronger graphic but you lose the tree.