Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: maddogmurph on August 27, 2019, 02:55:05 am

Title: Shaping
Post by: maddogmurph on August 27, 2019, 02:55:05 am
I'm working on some more rustic B&W compositions.
Title: Re: Shaping
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on August 27, 2019, 03:18:31 am
The second doesn't grab me: it's a rather static picture of rock, lacking contrast. The first, on the other hand, I like a lot.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Shaping
Post by: maddogmurph on August 27, 2019, 05:10:27 pm
Maybe with high structure?
Title: Re: Shaping
Post by: armand on August 27, 2019, 05:12:46 pm
Maybe with high structure?

I would try to keep the structure off the sky though, it got quite crunchy.
Title: Re: Shaping
Post by: MattBurt on August 27, 2019, 05:21:12 pm
I also like the first, especially how the cloud lines echo the shadow line.
The second just doesn't have the composition/clouds to be as compelling. I do like the texture of the rock so maybe without all that relatively uninteresting sky it would work better. 
Title: Re: Shaping
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on August 27, 2019, 06:36:34 pm
The second doesn't grab me: it's a rather static picture of rock, lacking contrast. The first, on the other hand, I like a lot.

Jeremy

I agree with Jeremy, the first image is a cracker.

Dave