Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on June 18, 2019, 01:35:50 pm

Title: Start of wildflower season
Post by: MattBurt on June 18, 2019, 01:35:50 pm
...and we are off to a good start. Still lots of snow up high, something crazy like 52,000% of normal should keep the flowers coming for a while this year.
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48086767282_4e9ecd173a_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2gggfAw)
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: stevenfr on June 18, 2019, 02:12:44 pm
Sweet Image Matt.
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: James Clark on June 18, 2019, 03:13:43 pm
Agreed - beautiful!
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: biker on June 18, 2019, 03:49:15 pm
Rich in colours. Very nice!
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 18, 2019, 04:06:49 pm
+1.
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: MattBurt on June 18, 2019, 06:39:32 pm
Thanks all!
I wouldn't have minded some light on the snowy mountains but I surely can't complain with the conditions I got. I'll probably revisit this spot another few times before it's over. It's a scenic 20 Minute drive (and then a short hike) from home.
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: BAB on June 18, 2019, 07:45:51 pm
Nice matt where is this taken
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: MattBurt on June 19, 2019, 12:39:25 am
Nice matt where is this taken

Thanks. Closest town is Almont, Colorado. The dark mountain just behind the closest mountain on the right is Mt. Crested Butte.
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: Bob_B on June 19, 2019, 07:38:38 am
Sweet Image Matt.

I can smell the mountain air.
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: John R on June 19, 2019, 08:13:09 pm
I can smell the mountain air.
Very nice.

JR
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: MattBurt on June 20, 2019, 12:46:14 pm
Thanks all!
I went back last night hoping for good light and/or skies and got a little of each! Some of the flowers are starting to wilt so I'm on the hunt for the next patch to explode like this.
I was going to shoot film until I realized my 645 batteries were dead and I didn't have 6 AAs with me so I shot digital but added a vintage lens (Helios 44) for some swirly bokeh and something different from my usual shots. But I shot some in my usual style too.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48097866292_7e95dfebb8_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2ghf8WL)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48097873407_af66e9aea8_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2ghfb4r)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48097814163_f952fc4b6f_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2gheSrZ)
Title: Re: Start of wildflower season
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 20, 2019, 02:27:45 pm
Good set.