Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RMW on June 07, 2019, 07:24:13 pm

Title: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: RMW on June 07, 2019, 07:24:13 pm
Hope you enjoy.
Richard
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: biker on June 08, 2019, 04:02:24 pm
A classic sunsetter with nice colours I do enjoy.
Pity there was the sign on a pole - the only artificial object in the picture. :(
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 08, 2019, 04:26:37 pm
Pleasing shot.
The "pole" could easily be cloned out, and that might help.
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: rabanito on June 09, 2019, 04:41:54 am
Pity there was the sign on a pole - the only artificial object in the picture. :(

There are IMO one or two condensation trails but I don't find them objectionable
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: stamper on June 09, 2019, 06:47:29 am
No nitpicks from me. A fine image.
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: rabanito on June 09, 2019, 08:37:57 am
No nitpicks from me. A fine image.

Just pointing out that the pole is not the the "only artificial object in the picture"  ;)
As for the condensation trails, there are a common and almost inevitable appearance everywhere :-\
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: francois on June 10, 2019, 09:09:46 am
I like it, this landscape looks tranquil!
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: RMW on June 10, 2019, 06:26:04 pm
Thank you all for commenting.
I left the sign and the contrails in because they seemed OK and didn't disturb the peacefulness or the beauty.
But I know they could easily be removed.
Maybe it's like the song says, "To each his own, it's all unknown".
Thanks again.
Richard
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: francois on June 11, 2019, 08:31:47 am
FWIW, I don't find the sign disturbing at all... and contrails are not too obvious (like in a blue sky). I take this shot as a "portrait" of the place.
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: nirpat89 on June 11, 2019, 09:28:49 am
Lovely image....contrails, sign post and all.

I wonder why the color changes when you open the image in a new window.

Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: RMW on June 11, 2019, 12:55:32 pm
Thank you Francois. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Hi nirpat89: Have no idea why the image changes like that. The file is sRGB from a ProPhoto Tif file converted in PS. A mystery !

Richard
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: nirpat89 on June 11, 2019, 02:32:07 pm
Have no idea why the image changes like that. The file is sRGB from a ProPhoto Tif file converted in PS. A mystery !

Richard

So which one is closer to the original?

As a side note, I have yet to figure out how some attachments come as single large size photos, some have thumbnails that open in their own windows (like here) and yet some thumbnails just enlarge themselves within the same page when clicked.  I don't see any of these options when the files are attached in the post.

:Niranjan.
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: 32BT on June 11, 2019, 02:40:48 pm
The attachment preview isn't properly colormanaged, as opposed to opening the image.

If it is above a certain size, it will open in a new window. Below that size (1200pix iirc) it will open on the page itself.
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: RMW on June 11, 2019, 02:51:17 pm
Thank you 32BT for the explanation. It's much appreciated.

Hi Niranjan,
The opened file is the one I intended. The thumbnail is too dark for my taste.
I also don't know why or how the different views work. (See 32 BTs explanation). I've just used the same way, the one I used here, ever since I started posting. You might go to the "About This Site" Forum and get more help.
Richard
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: nirpat89 on June 11, 2019, 03:11:43 pm
Looks like then if you attach the full resolution file, it should get thumbnail + new window.  Good to know.


Thanks, 32BT and RMW.


:Niranjan
Title: Re: Sunset At Isle de Jean Charles
Post by: rabanito on June 11, 2019, 04:03:37 pm
The attachment preview isn't properly colormanaged, as opposed to opening the image.

If it is above a certain size, it will open in a new window. Below that size (1200pix iirc) it will open on the page itself.

I have had this before.
I prefer opening the files in another app, in my case Irfan View, which is color managed.
I just doubleclick on the file's name and Presto!