Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on February 28, 2019, 02:57:56 pm

Title: there's always one...
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 28, 2019, 02:57:56 pm
.

Jeremy
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 28, 2019, 03:53:03 pm
Two.

If you had in mind the bottom one, its feet are kinda awkwardly cut off. If you can't extend the image to include the feet, cloning the whole bird out wouldn't hurt the idea of "there is always one..." That one being the middle bird.
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 28, 2019, 04:23:03 pm
I think I agree with SLobodan's suggestion.

In any case, this is worthy of Stamper.
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 01, 2019, 02:36:33 am
I was referring to the middle bird. I'll see if I can clone out the one on the ground, to remove possible confusion.

I'm flattered by the comparison to Stamper!

Jeremy
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: 32BT on March 01, 2019, 03:06:49 am
+1 to whatever has been mentioned already.

I also think the image then becomes very much about graphics and recognisable shapes which suggests a gritty b&w conversion perhaps?
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 03, 2019, 06:25:14 am
Clearer in intent?

Jeremy
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: stamper on March 03, 2019, 07:20:28 am
Clearer in intent?

Jeremy

Yes!
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 03, 2019, 09:52:41 am
Yes!
+1.
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: Peter McLennan on March 03, 2019, 10:46:15 am
Yup.  ;D
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on March 03, 2019, 11:46:29 am
 :) Good catch Jeremy!!
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: rabanito on March 03, 2019, 12:53:36 pm
I prefer the lone bird in the first photo.
Kind of beauty spot  :)
Symmetry is not everything IMHO
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: RSL on March 03, 2019, 01:58:09 pm
I agree with Rab. You've gotta go back and re-shoot that, Jeremy, making sure the rest of the single bird's feet are in the frame.
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: armand on March 03, 2019, 02:01:58 pm
I agree with Rab. You've gotta go back and re-shoot that, Jeremy, making sure the rest of the single bird's feet are in the frame.

who needs legs for flying?  ;)
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 03, 2019, 03:02:55 pm
I prefer the lone bird in the first photo...

There is always one...
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: rabanito on March 03, 2019, 03:50:05 pm
There is always one...

I'm sure that I'm not the only one here that prefers beauty over architecture, Slobodan  ;D
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: armand on March 03, 2019, 05:10:07 pm
I'm sure that I'm not the only one here that prefers beauty over architecture, Slobodan  ;D

 ;D

I would bring popcorn but I'm working tonight
Title: Re: there's always one...
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 04, 2019, 03:10:27 am
I agree with Rab. You've gotta go back and re-shoot that, Jeremy, making sure the rest of the single bird's feet are in the frame.

Oh, there's plenty of image at the bottom. I've cropped it out because it's horribly blurred, and there's not much I can do about that.

Jeremy