Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on November 25, 2018, 04:35:16 am

Title: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 25, 2018, 04:35:16 am
Some shots taken during the last Big Wave Tour of the WSL.

Regards.
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: Two23 on November 25, 2018, 10:52:54 am
The first one doesn't work for me--nothing seems to tie it all together.   I do like the third one.


Kent in SD
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 26, 2018, 08:47:18 am
thanks Kent.
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 26, 2018, 11:05:26 am
I like the structure and balance in #1. I agree with Kent that a central element would help, but here it is implied, not shown. Too much foreground?
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 27, 2018, 05:00:40 am
Thanks Scott. Perhaps, this is one instance where I was in awe about the power of the sea, it was just foam down there. I submit another similar one where there is a water bike (the guys that tow the surfers to speed up when catching the wave) almost ashore.

Regards.
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: OnlyNorth on November 27, 2018, 06:44:39 am
I like the third and this last.
All the best.
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: RMW on November 27, 2018, 10:28:35 am
Thank you Paulo.
What huge waves. Well presented.
#3 makes me clutch tightly to my desk !
Richard
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: Alan Klein on November 27, 2018, 11:56:27 pm
#2 has great power due to that large wave.  It's lost in the panorama.  Crop in to it to bring out the lonely surfer in the middle of the wave.
Something like this.
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 28, 2018, 09:46:37 am
I like the third and this last.
All the best.

Thanks.
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 28, 2018, 09:47:39 am
Thank you Paulo.
What huge waves. Well presented.
#3 makes me clutch tightly to my desk !
Richard

Fear not, I was well protected in the lighthouse building:) Besides, it was shot with a 56mm lens on Fuji APSC.
Title: Re: Nazare, Portugal
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 28, 2018, 09:48:43 am
#2 has great power due to that large wave.  It's lost in the panorama.  Crop in to it to bring out the lonely surfer in the middle of the wave.
Something like this.

Thanks Alan. I actually prefer the original crop, as it provides the continuation of the wave.