Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Robert-Peter Westphal on November 20, 2018, 10:07:47 am

Title: self maintenance of IPF pro-1000
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on November 20, 2018, 10:07:47 am
Hello,

I know that the Canon IPF Pro-1000 does a kind of self maintenance when not used for some time by flushing the nozzles once a week or so. What are the requirements I have to take care for this. Is it sufficient to keep the power line plugged in or will I have to keep the printer switched on with a lit / blinking white LED at the front ?

Many thanks for further answers !

Robert
Title: Re: self maintenance of IPF pro-1000
Post by: Panagiotis on November 20, 2018, 10:50:41 am
Hello,

I know that the Canon IPF Pro-1000 does a kind of self maintenance when not used for some time by flushing the nozzles once a week or so. What are the requirements I have to take care for this. Is it sufficient to keep the power line plugged in or will I have to keep the printer switched on with a lit / blinking white LED at the front ?

Many thanks for further answers !

Robert

Even if it is always on it doesn't perform any maintenance task by itself. It performs it's cleaning routines before and/or after it receives a printjob.
Title: Re: self maintenance of IPF pro-1000
Post by: Robert-Peter Westphal on November 21, 2018, 01:01:26 pm
Sorry, I don't understand that... I found this ( see attachment ) in the online manual for my printer :
Title: Re: self maintenance of IPF pro-1000
Post by: Panagiotis on November 22, 2018, 11:54:49 am
Sorry, I don't understand that... I found this ( see attachment ) in the online manual for my printer :

If you plug the printer, turn it on and leave it there it will never execute any self maintenance task.

If you open your computer and send to the printer a file to print before printing this file the printer will perform it's cleaning routines and then it will print the file.