Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ivo_B on November 01, 2018, 10:45:41 am
-
It is the time of the year?
Every year around this period I visit a war cemetery in Flanders. Today I discovered there is a huge German cemetery not far from where I live.
38.000 German soldiers are buried here. Lots of them not older than 17.....
-
A very evocative and effective set, Ivo.
The tonalities are just right.
Thanks for sharing and the reminder.
-
It is the time of the year?
Every year around this period I visit a war cemetery in Flanders. Today I discovered there is a huge German cemetery not far from where I live.
38.000 German soldiers are buried here. Lots of them not older than 17.....
That's the best reason for avoiding conscription.
Wars are just another manifestation of the crass stupidity of politicians and those who follow them like they were gods, when all they are, more often than not, is self-seeking people who could be just as happy in any party that would accept them.
One need only look back at the ones one remembers in one's own country to realise they are all the same: they end up with great pensions, decorations quite often, and privileges civilians seldom do.
If you want to live like a professional liar, way to go!
Rob
-
Curious what lens was used for these? I do like the effect.
Kent in SD
-
One of the few Dave Matthews songs I can tolerate, and maybe the only one I genuinely like. But it's a good 'un!
Gravedigger (acoustic version, audio only): https://youtu.be/70imAxvE2wM
There was a fine video made for it too, but for reasons unknown Matthews has taken it out of circulation.
-Dave-
-
One of the few Dave Matthews songs I can tolerate, and maybe the only one I genuinely like. But it's a good 'un!
Gravedigger (acoustic version, audio only): https://youtu.be/70imAxvE2wM
There was a fine video made for it too, but for reasons unknown Matthews has taken it out of circulation.
-Dave-
Tx for the link!
-
Curious what lens was used for these? I do like the effect.
Kent in SD
It’s the Fujinon 16mm. Fantastic piece of glass
-
That's the best reason for avoiding conscription.
Wars are just another manifestation of the crass stupidity of politicians and those who follow them like they were gods, when all they are, more often than not, is self-seeking people who could be just as happy in any party that would accept them.
One need only look back at the ones one remembers in one's own country to realise they are all the same: they end up with great pensions, decorations quite often, and privileges civilians seldom do.
If you want to live like a professional liar, way to go!
Rob
Deleted few lines due to potential political conversation.
Back to the pictures. One guy said I was to late, the overblown lavender made it cumbersome.
I’m not sure if any flower can make a cemetery less cumbersome, maybe more melancholic, maybe.
-
Politics?
-
Politics?
Not good. Not good. You are right. Apologies. I will delete the political part.
-
Politics?
Is death by war ever anything else? Should total silence be used as a get-out-of-jail-free card by and for those scumbags?
Just askin'
Rob