Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: mnk2116 on October 09, 2006, 02:53:03 pm

Title: Fall foliage
Post by: mnk2116 on October 09, 2006, 02:53:03 pm
Hi All,
I am new to this forum.
I stay in Jersey and would like to go on a tour for Fall Foliage, wonderful colors. I love quiet places.
Can u suggest me places near Jersey ?
Mostly I will be going on the weekend of 13th Oct. Also, it will be good if the place is near about 2-3 hrs drive.
Thanks

mnk2116
Title: Fall foliage
Post by: Panorama on October 10, 2006, 03:19:17 pm
Quote
Hi All,
I am new to this forum.
I stay in Jersey and would like to go on a tour for Fall Foliage, wonderful colors. I love quiet places.
Can u suggest me places near Jersey ?
Mostly I will be going on the weekend of 13th Oct. Also, it will be good if the place is near about 2-3 hrs drive.
Thanks

mnk2116
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79699\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm assuming you are not from around here so you may not know your way around very well but your best bet might be to go north into Connecticut. There's still lots of green here in Boston so you're a little early for the peak colors
Title: Fall foliage
Post by: Tyler Hawk on October 12, 2006, 07:17:37 am
Harriman State Park in NY, the Catskills, and the Delaware Water Gap in Jersey and Stokes State Forest, in Jersey as well.

Try this link for fall updates - http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/northeast_us/ (http://www.foliagenetwork.com/reports/northeast_us/)
Title: Fall foliage
Post by: Jay Kaplan on October 14, 2006, 06:30:41 pm
Try this link, it was in the Travel Section of Last Sunday's paper -

East Coast Fall Foliage (http://www.baltimoresun.com/travel/bal-tr.maine08oct08,0,6608729.story?coll=bal-artslife-travel)