Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: HCHeyerdahl on April 30, 2018, 12:09:20 pm

Title: Service on 10 year old HP Z3200ps - what should I ask them to do?
Post by: HCHeyerdahl on April 30, 2018, 12:09:20 pm
I purchased my HP z3200ps when the model was released some 10 years ago or so. Recently the drive belt has started to disintegrate and drop small pieces of rubber on the prints. 

I am not capable of replacing the belt myself and have decides to order a service technican to replace it. The cost of this is between 5 and 10 % of the cost of a new printer. That is Ok with me after 10 years of reliable printing - save for replacing a formater card in warenty period.

My question is if there is any additional kind of service should I ask the technichan to do once I pay him to get here? He specifically said that cleaning would be included as required. 

I know from past experience (long time ago now) that Epsons have som kind of wast tank that need replacement. Does the HP have anything similar that should be changed?

I use the printer for my own personal use and not very much. It has probably printed between 5 and 10 rolls of paper. I still have some of the old small inc cartridges installed.

Chris
 
Title: Re: Service on 10 year old HP Z3200ps - what should I ask them to do?
Post by: deanwork on April 30, 2018, 05:51:38 pm
Yes, I have a 12 year old z3100 and I had the belt replaced, three times, and tech replaced the waste tank which they call the spittoon twice over that time period. You have a big one on the right side and a small one on the left side. The big one definately needs replacing and I would do both. Also replace the little battery in the formatter board, accessible on the back of the printer. You can do that easily yourself. I got mine at the local drug store. Even if your fan is not making any strange noise you should replace it anyway in my option at this juncture. I would replace it because on the 3200 models they run all the time  ( which is bizarre but nothing you can do about that). If your Spectro  is working totally normally then you don’t need to replace it, but I would have them clean it. And make sure they totally clean everything inside the printer of ink and dust since it will be totally torn apart.



I purchased my HP z3200ps when the model was released some 10 years ago or so. Recently the drive belt has started to disintegrate and drop small pieces of rubber on the prints. 

I am not capable of replacing the belt myself and have decides to order a service technican to replace it. The cost of this is between 5 and 10 % of the cost of a new printer. That is Ok with me after 10 years of reliable printing - save for replacing a formater card in warenty period.

My question is if there is any additional kind of service should I ask the technichan to do once I pay him to get here? He specifically said that cleaning would be included as required. 

I know from past experience (long time ago now) that Epsons have som kind of wast tank that need replacement. Does the HP have anything similar that should be changed?

I use the printer for my own personal use and not very much. It has probably printed between 5 and 10 rolls of paper. I still have some of the old small inc cartridges installed.

Chris
Title: Re: Service on 10 year old HP Z3200ps - what should I ask them to do?
Post by: HCHeyerdahl on May 01, 2018, 12:04:23 pm
Thanks for your suggestions.

Chris