Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Cameras & Shooting Techniques => Topic started by: Gregory on September 12, 2006, 07:34:08 pm

Title: Canon 5D successor soon?
Post by: Gregory on September 12, 2006, 07:34:08 pm
I have a 350D and the 400D has been released; a much better camera than the 350D. my one beef with the 350D/400D is the small size of the viewfinder because I do a lot of manual focussing and the small viewfinder makes it difficult to focus accurately.

word has it that a Mark III might be released around the beginning of next year but I have to wonder about the 5D. does anyone know of a successor to the 5D to be released soon? with the larger viewfinder, the successor would pretty much have everything I need in a camera.

regards,
Gregory
Title: Canon 5D successor soon?
Post by: Julian Love on September 13, 2006, 04:58:55 am
If your only issue with the 350D is the small viewfinder, then surely there is no need to wait for a successor: the current 5D has everything you need in a camera. Go out and buy one!

Julian
Title: Canon 5D successor soon?
Post by: digitaldog on September 13, 2006, 09:18:50 am
Quote
If your only issue with the 350D is the small viewfinder, then surely there is no need to wait for a successor: the current 5D has everything you need in a camera. Go out and buy one!

Julian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76185\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Agreed. Just last month I upgraded from the 350D to the 5D and its an amazing camera. I don't need more pixels, certainly not more weight. I'm a very happy camper.
Title: Canon 5D successor soon?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 13, 2006, 09:22:38 am
Quote
If your only issue with the 350D is the small viewfinder, then surely there is no need to wait for a successor: the current 5D has everything you need in a camera. Go out and buy one!

Julian
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76185\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I agree. I just upgraded my 10D to a 5D --- mainly for the improved, enlarged finder. The other improvements (12.8 MP, etc.) are just frosting on the cake.

-Eric
Title: Canon 5D successor soon?
Post by: DarkPenguin on September 13, 2006, 10:28:44 am
I do not want to go for the 5D because it will completely hose my lens collection.  But I would like that viewfinder.