Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: patjoja on October 20, 2017, 09:40:26 am

Title: iPF6450 Left Print Head Needs Replacing
Post by: patjoja on October 20, 2017, 09:40:26 am
Hi all,

Well, I got the dreaded message that my left print head needs to be replaced on my iPF6450. 

What I'd like to know is if I should plan on replacing the other head soon.  Generally how soon will the 2nd head need to be replaced after the first one goes?

Thanks,

Patrick
Title: Re: iPF6450 Left Print Head Needs Replacing
Post by: Landscapes on October 20, 2017, 03:14:57 pm
I would say that for me, it was maybe about 2-3 weeks later.
Title: Re: iPF6450 Left Print Head Needs Replacing
Post by: gchappel on October 20, 2017, 04:57:38 pm
On my ipf8400 I asked the same question- and bought 2 heads.
Replaced one.  4months later still happily printing with an extra head sitting on the shelf.
I guess it varies.  I would rather have it available than miss a couple of days printing.
Gary
Title: Re: iPF6450 Left Print Head Needs Replacing
Post by: stockjock on October 21, 2017, 07:39:35 pm
On my iPF8400 there was almost a year in between replacing the two heads.  Having one go out doesn't mean the other one will fail soon though of course it might.  I buy a cheap one off eBAY and keep it around so I have a replacement on hand
.
Title: Re: iPF6450 Left Print Head Needs Replacing
Post by: patjoja on October 21, 2017, 08:19:49 pm
On my iPF8400 there was almost a year in between replacing the two heads.  Having one go out doesn't mean the other one will fail soon though of course it might.  I buy a cheap one off eBAY and keep it around so I have a replacement on hand
.

I didn't know non-canon heads were available.  Got a link?

Patrick
Title: Re: iPF6450 Left Print Head Needs Replacing
Post by: deanwork on October 21, 2017, 09:08:13 pm
Saw them for more than list on eBay.

Lexjet seems to have the best price.

http://www.lexjet.com/imageprograf-pf-05-printhead-2?CAWELAID=1207431032&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=8720182004&CATCI=pla-133545940604&catargetid=320012560000044242&cadevice=t&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI59mdn4SD1wIVB2SGCh2hAwldEAQYAiABEgKuOPD_BwE



I didn't know non-canon heads were available.  Got a link?

Patrick
Title: Re: iPF6450 Left Print Head Needs Replacing
Post by: stockjock on October 22, 2017, 04:02:52 am
There a plenty of offers for genuine Canon PF-05 print heads on eBay for prices between $311-$330 which is well below list.  I've bought 3 of the PF-05 heads on eBay without any problem.  As with any transaction on eBay you want to make sure you are dealing with a highly rated seller.  Also make sure the listing explicitly says new genuine Canon PF-05 heads.  I've had good luck with Japanese and German sellers. 
Title: Re: iPF6450 Left Print Head Needs Replacing
Post by: patjoja on October 23, 2017, 01:54:19 am
There a plenty of offers for genuine Canon PF-05 print heads on eBay for prices between $311-$330 which is well below list.  I've bought 3 of the PF-05 heads on eBay without any problem.  As with any transaction on eBay you want to make sure you are dealing with a highly rated seller.  Also make sure the listing explicitly says new genuine Canon PF-05 heads.  I've had good luck with Japanese and German sellers.

I found PF-05 print heads on Amazon Prime for $350, and ordered 2.  In fact I've got them already!  Love my Amazon Prime!

Thanks!

Patrick