Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: BradSmith on September 29, 2017, 02:42:06 pm
-
Kevin, Chris (and Mark) - A Suggestion for the Site:
Mark has now wonderfully reviewed many, many papers and previously, Michael and Kevin had also reviewed many, along with "first impression" articles. I suggest that the Site create a sticky message in the Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks subform which lists each and every paper along with the date and link to the review. Probably should do the same for printers. (And maybe cameras) And then, update the sticky message contents as more reviews or "first impression" articles are added. This would be helpful, especially give the focus of the site - "Back to the Print"
Brad
-
+1 to this suggestion. The search feature is rather cumbersome in terms of finding articles and reviews.
-
Actually, believe it or not [ :D], I do have a spreadsheet which pretty much does most of this for all the articles of mine that the site has published. I'm having an issue that the embedded links don't find a server even though the URLs are correct and correctly hyperlinked; dunno what the issue is - maybe some Microsoft security setting on my computer. Up to Kevin of course to act on this idea as/when he deems appropriate. I know he has a ton of stuff on his plate just now.
-
Mark,
Out of curiosity, how many papers on your list? I'll bet there are a bunch!
Brad
-
I think we need to clone Kevin and Chris and Debra so they can implement suggestions like this one without slowing down the production of new videos, essays, etc. ;)
-
Great idea!
Perhaps LuLa could deputize a couple of volunteers to assist with the site.
-
Kevin, Chris (and Mark) - A Suggestion for the Site:
Mark has now wonderfully reviewed many, many papers and previously, Michael and Kevin had also reviewed many, along with "first impression" articles. I suggest that the Site create a sticky message in the Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks subform which lists each and every paper along with the date and link to the review. Probably should do the same for printers. (And maybe cameras) And then, update the sticky message contents as more reviews or "first impression" articles are added. This would be helpful, especially give the focus of the site - "Back to the Print"
Brad
++1
-
Mark,
Out of curiosity, how many papers on your list? I'll bet there are a bunch!
Brad
49.
-
49.
!!!
Mark,
With all that testing of papers and scanners, do you ever have any time to take photographs? ;)
I, for one, am very grateful for all of your reviews.
-Eric
-
Thanks very much Eric; makes it worthwhile when members appreciate it.
Preparing these articles, I won't hide it, consumes gobs of time, but I do still get out to make photographs; after all, that's the real heart of the matter, isn't it? Of course they are all raw files, so the processing is backlogged - I need to get on top of that. We've had a rash of new printers and papers to review over the past couple of years, but I think we'll be in the trough of the product cycle for a good while, so I'm looking forward to some re-balancing. There's another article now in the pipeline, and perhaps another after that, then a rest from the articles for a while. But one never knows - depends on what comes up.
-
!!!
Mark,
With all that testing of papers and scanners, do you ever have any time to take photographs? ;)
I, for one, am very grateful for all of your reviews.
-Eric
Very grateful indeed. Great suggestion.
-
Likewise, I’m grateful for your contributions, Mark.
-
Much appreciated, thanks.
-
Good ideas. Kind of hard to do because we label all reviews just that. I'll talk to our team and see if we can do a review sub-category like paper, printers, cameras, software and other gear. Might be hard to go back and change things. I can (eventually) when time allows do an article labeled paper reviews and list all the papers reviewed with links. I'll put it on the list.
-
Good news Kevin. Thanks for considering our suggestions. It's but one of the things that make this site so special.
Brad
-
Good ideas. Kind of hard to do because we label all reviews just that. I'll talk to our team and see if we can do a review sub-category like paper, printers, cameras, software and other gear. Might be hard to go back and change things. I can (eventually) when time allows do an article labeled paper reviews and list all the papers reviewed with links. I'll put it on the list.
There already is a category index but it has not been updated in maybe three years. If one goes clicks on 'Articles' there is a 'Categories' menu on the left side of the web page. The section on 'Reviews' already has sub-categories but they are not fully populated. There is no category for 'Papers' but there are some reviews of papers in the 'Printer' tab. I don't know how many total reviews have been published on LuLa, but improving the index really should not be a difficult web coding job. One just needs to establish the proper menu names and then go through and code the establish the appropriate links. A more tedious job would be to go through and keyword every review with multiple tags.
-
THANK YOU MARK !
WE'D ALL BE FUMBLING IN THE DARK WITHOUT YOUR CONTRIBUTION.
RICHARD
-
You are welcome Richard. Glad to hear you are finding the material useful.
Mark