Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mark D Segal on August 01, 2017, 03:11:39 pm
-
For those interested, Epson recently published version N031H5,1.00,A000 on the Epson America website. As usual, they provide no information on what's changed, so after installing it, I took a trip through the various menus on the LCD panel and see that we now have Print Job Information which provides detailed ink usage for the last ten print jobs. You may recall, this was available for the 4900, disappeared for the early versions of the SC-P5000, but is now instated for this printer. Stellar - we now have what we need to create a valid database for measuring ink used for prints.
If any one has further information on any thing else this firmware update does, especially under the hood, please do post here.
-
I asked Epson UK about this and the job info is the only information they were able to pass on.
-
Correct - I have since learned this is the sole change (and a welcome one) in the new driver version.
-
is that ink usage job information available via the printers web interface or driver, like the old 'Print Watcher' so it's downloadable etc?
-
Hi Howard, you can print it out on a sheet of paper from the printer LCD panel, but as far as I can see there is no vehicle, a csx format for example, to download it to a hard-drive and into a spreadsheet.