Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: James Clark on June 20, 2017, 05:11:37 pm

Title: Landing Pattern
Post by: James Clark on June 20, 2017, 05:11:37 pm
I was shooting a stationary egret and caught this guy coming in.  A 5DSR isn't the ideal action camera, but back buttton focus, and 5 frames/second did the job.  I've also had to pull the exposure up by a stop and a half, and crop pretty tightly - still happy with this sequence using the "wrong" equipment :)
Title: Re: Landing Pattern
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 21, 2017, 04:10:40 am
Good sequence.
Title: Re: Landing Pattern
Post by: graeme on June 21, 2017, 06:53:13 am
Good sequence.

Yes, they would make a great set of prints to display, ( Whatever the 4x equivalent of a triptych is ).
Title: Re: Landing Pattern
Post by: schertz on June 21, 2017, 09:41:16 am
Nice spoonbill. I enjoy bird photography as well.

You could also try editing the images into a single sequence like the half-assed edit attached.
(I wouldn't necessarily crop like this but I didn't want to remove your watermark. Let me know if you don't like the repost and I'll take it down).

I agree with graeme, they might also look nice as a 2x2 grid.

Mike
Title: Re: Landing Pattern
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 21, 2017, 09:42:44 am
Yes, they would make a great set of prints to display, ( Whatever the 4x equivalent of a triptych is ).
Maybe a "Quadriptych?" Hard to pronounce.
Title: Re: Landing Pattern
Post by: James Clark on June 21, 2017, 10:57:03 am
Nice spoonbill. I enjoy bird photography as well.

You could also try editing the images into a single sequence like the half-assed edit attached.
(I wouldn't necessarily crop like this but I didn't want to remove your watermark. Let me know if you don't like the repost and I'll take it down).

I agree with graeme, they might also look nice as a 2x2 grid.

Mike

Ah - very cool :)  I've done that before to illustrate a race car taking a corner, but that didn't occur to me here.  Great thought!
Title: Re: Landing Pattern
Post by: Chris Calohan on June 22, 2017, 07:05:50 am
Ah - very cool :)  I've done that before to illustrate a race car taking a corner, but that didn't occur to me here.  Great thought!

Having done this many times with birds, the composite really works for this application.