Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: skierd on June 03, 2017, 04:41:38 pm

Title: Denali after the storm
Post by: skierd on June 03, 2017, 04:41:38 pm
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4199/34244665983_21c288bc6f_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Ub5S8z)
Emerging Giant BW (https://flic.kr/p/Ub5S8z) by David Dawson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/114967696@N07/), on Flickr

or color

(https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4215/34244669723_b413de685c_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Ub5Tf4)
Emerging Giant BW (https://flic.kr/p/Ub5Tf4) by David Dawson (https://www.flickr.com/photos/114967696@N07/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Denali after the storm
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 04, 2017, 12:50:54 am
For me the B&W wins. Very nice.
Title: Re: Denali after the storm
Post by: Telecaster on June 04, 2017, 01:58:59 pm
They both have an otherworldly quality I like, but if I had to choose I'd go with the b&w too.

-Dave-
Title: Re: Denali after the storm
Post by: francois on June 05, 2017, 04:39:27 am
My vote also goes to the B&W version…
Title: Re: Denali after the storm
Post by: Jcradford on June 05, 2017, 09:53:05 am
I'd go with the BW, for the simple reason its focused on the mountain, via shades of gray. The foreground tree in color is distracting from the mountain, and isn't as obvious in the BW. 


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk