Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on May 08, 2017, 02:16:32 pm

Title: Observation point
Post by: armand on May 08, 2017, 02:16:32 pm
Midday light, I tried not too make it too contrasty and maintain that harsh light feeling. Should I try more local contrast?
Title: Re: Observation point
Post by: BobDavid on May 08, 2017, 04:38:04 pm
These ain't from Kansas. Do you tilt/shift (tech cam or lens) to achieve deep focus?
Title: Re: Observation point
Post by: MattBurt on May 08, 2017, 06:14:29 pm
I like these. Even if they aren't true to the harsh light that was present they look good to me! Considering what you were working with I think they are really nice shots. Interesting compositions and subjects really help them too.
Title: Re: Observation point
Post by: francois on May 10, 2017, 05:03:21 am
The light wasn't the best but frankly you managed to get very pleasing shots. You can be satisfied with the results.
Well done!
Title: Re: Observation point
Post by: David Eckels on May 10, 2017, 09:55:04 am
Canyonlands? Might have some very nice B/W potential.
Title: Re: Observation point
Post by: armand on May 11, 2017, 03:31:26 pm
Thank you. Getting there and having good light is tricky unless you are staying at the lodge in the park. The way the shuttle works in Zion doesn't give much time and it will take you a couple of hours to get there from the bottom of the canyon. At least there wasn't that much haze considering the time of the day and the X-T2 sensor did a good job. The Nikon D750 would have been even better but less weight won.



These ain't from Kansas. Do you tilt/shift (tech cam or lens) to achieve deep focus?
No. I considered one for the tilt part of it but it's too heavy and less versatile considering I can try focus stitching.

Canyonlands? Might have some very nice B/W potential.
Zion. B&W didn't really cross my mind but I might give it a try.
Title: Re: Observation point
Post by: armand on May 12, 2017, 05:17:02 pm
few more