Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: JNB_Rare on March 09, 2017, 02:16:10 pm

Title: Ice
Post by: JNB_Rare on March 09, 2017, 02:16:10 pm
Jeremy posted some beautiful pictures of the ice formations from Jökullsárlón beach in Iceland. I don't have anything near so spectacular locally. But my usual walk goes through a rock cut (former railway line, now a walking trail). I'm always fascinated by how the water flows out through the rocks, and forms ice when its cold enough.

Title: Re: Ice
Post by: degrub on March 09, 2017, 02:27:05 pm
They are all interesting. #3 is particularly nice - a frozen moment in time.
Frank
Title: Re: Ice
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 10, 2017, 02:56:16 pm
Jeremy posted some beautiful pictures of the ice formations from Jökullsárlón beach in Iceland. I don't have anything near so spectacular locally. But my usual walk goes through a rock cut (former railway line, now a walking trail). I'm always fascinated by how the water flows out through the rocks, and forms ice when its cold enough.

The leaf captured in the third one is rather appealing.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Ice
Post by: JNB_Rare on March 10, 2017, 07:20:19 pm
Thank you, guys. The season for these ice formations is coming to a close in this province, but I've seen ice in the rock cut in April before. For the next few days it will be -10C locally.