Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on March 05, 2017, 08:37:30 am

Title: flow
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 05, 2017, 08:37:30 am
Pseudo-abstract, I suppose. Thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: flow
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 05, 2017, 08:44:45 am
I like the shape of the forms in #1 better than in #2. I might call it quasi-abstract.
(I guess "shape of form" is redundantly repetitious.)

Eric
Title: Re: flow
Post by: francois on March 06, 2017, 06:20:05 am
Nice, did you get the inspiration from Andrea Camilleri's novel "The Shape of Water" (La forma dell'acqua)?
Title: Re: flow
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 06, 2017, 08:49:42 am
Nice, did you get the inspiration from Andrea Camilleri's novel "The Shape of Water" (La forma dell'acqua)?
I should have thought of that. I'm a fan of Camilleri (in translation).
Title: Re: flow
Post by: francois on March 06, 2017, 10:26:03 am
I should have thought of that. I'm a fan of Camilleri (in translation).

Me too but my Italian is not that good so I use my personal translator when she's around!
Title: Re: flow
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 06, 2017, 02:47:03 pm
Nice, did you get the inspiration from Andrea Camilleri's novel "The Shape of Water" (La forma dell'acqua)?

I am insufficiently well-read, sadly. Montalbano was filmed for TV in Italian and shown over here with subtitles. I tried a couple but it didn't really grab me. For detective stories set in Italy, I've found nothing to beat Michael Dibdin's Aurelio Zen novels. He's a Venetian working in Rome, but he gets about a bit: one of them (Vendetta, from memory) was set in Sicily.

Jeremy