Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: 32BT on July 26, 2006, 04:45:01 am

Title: Aperture impressions ?
Post by: 32BT on July 26, 2006, 04:45:01 am
I am interested in your impressions regarding Aperture.

Aperture is out for quite some time now and some of its initial quirks have been resolved. Apple computers that are supposed to make it fly have been released also. So, now that all the dust has settled somewhat, and people actually have had time to play with it in-depth, what are your impressions? What do you think works really well? what works not so well? What is possibly missing, and what would you have liked added in the future?
Title: Aperture impressions ?
Post by: Rokcet Scientist on August 01, 2006, 03:04:29 pm
Quote
So, now that all the dust has settled somewhat, [...][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=71744\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Huh?
"Now that the dust has settled"?
I get the impression it never kicked up any...
 
Title: Aperture impressions ?
Post by: abliss on August 12, 2006, 03:17:12 am
I use aperture all the time and find it to be very good, I like it's image adjustments more then that of photoshop.  I still think it has some bugs and some slow points to be ironed out but I use it more the photoshop and unless an image requires some major adjustments I dont take an image into photoshop anymore.  Just my thoughts but so far it has almost replaced photoshop for day to day tasks of a good photographer.
Adam
Title: Aperture impressions ?
Post by: 32BT on August 12, 2006, 11:05:00 am
Quote
Huh?
"Now that the dust has settled"?
I get the impression it never kicked up any...
 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72344\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LOL... then i might have mistaken the smoke screen for dust...
Title: Aperture impressions ?
Post by: 32BT on August 12, 2006, 11:07:18 am
Quote
I like it's image adjustments more then that of photoshop. 

Do you mean image adjustments in general (like levels) or ACR?

And what do you think of the white balance controls in Aperture, specifically the order/placement?

How about the default "boost" parameter?