Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: RikkFlohr on December 08, 2016, 11:09:06 am
-
Adobe released the following updates today:
Lightroom for Desktop CC2015.8/6.8
Lightroom for mobile iOS: 2.6
Lightroom for mobile Android: 2.2.2
Adobe Camera Raw 9.8
Users of Lightroom CC will notice new features in this update! Check out the blog post for more information on additional new camera support, new tethering support, new lens profiles, bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you are having trouble seeing the updates in your Creative Cloud App, hit the refresh [CMD/CTRL]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ] and allow your App to pull in the latest updates. Lightroom 6.x users will see the 6.8 update roll out via the Help>Updates… mechanism.
Complete details can be found on the Lightroom Journal blog. http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/
-
Thanks, Rikk. The iPhone looks and works great. Not so much the iPad, which really needs the UI improved to support the sliders as in the iPhone.
One real problem on iPad. I cannot find the info (title, comment) edit. Am I missing something?
John
-
from: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/12/lightroom-mobile-december-releases.html
"The teams for both Lightroom for iPads as well as Lightroom for Android are also working on adding in the new edit and info experiences and we hope to release those updates soon."
-
One real problem on iPad. I cannot find the info (title, comment) edit. Am I missing something?
Select an image, then from the top menu choose Info.
-
Select an image, then from the top menu choose Info.
John, have you tried that on iPad?
-
from: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/12/lightroom-mobile-december-releases.html
"The teams for both Lightroom for iPads as well as Lightroom for Android are also working on adding in the new edit and info experiences and we hope to release those updates soon."
Thanks. Do the new edit experiences on iPad use sliders?
-
The Point Curve bug on MBP touchpads has been worked on, but not resolved. It can also be very slow updating the curve change, at least on large mpixel images.
-
John, (jrs) are you asking if you can edit the title and caption on the ipad? I can see it but can't edit it.
-
John, have you tried that on iPad?
I am sorry, I overlooked that you did say iPad before. It's only on the iPhone at present, but seems to be coming to the iPad - about 2 years later than it should have done!
-
Wow, still no support for the Phase One IQ100, guess that is just not going to happen. Love it that the Hasselblad X1D is already in the list. And please don't tell me it lack of support from Phase One, if Iridient can support the IQ100, I would think that Adobe could also. Iridient is a one man show, Adobe has a few more folks last time I checked.
Paul Caldwell
-
I must be missing something on Reference View. The main, perhaps only, use I see for this would be to create a virtual copy and set soft proofing on for it, to edit to match back to the original under the printer profile. It would be great to be able to do this without going into PS. During my brief initial try of the feature, it doesn't look like one can soft proof the active frame. ???
Lloyd
-
Can't agree more. Still no IQ100 support. Just sad....
Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
-
I must be missing something on Reference View. The main, perhaps only, use I see for this would be to create a virtual copy and set soft proofing on for it
Er no. For example, let's say you have a shoot and decide you want to use one image alongside another that you edited earlier. It might be from the same shoot, or from a previous day with different light, or from another event etc. Or imagine you have product shots and reference images provided by the client. Or use an extreme ND filter with a colour cast and want to make its colours match a frame you took without the filter - that's a very practical use. And so on. Soft proofing? Not sure, but it's only one conceivable use.
-
Wow, still no support for the Phase One IQ100, guess that is just not going to happen. Love it that the Hasselblad X1D is already in the list. And please don't tell me it lack of support from Phase One, if Iridient can support the IQ100, I would think that Adobe could also. Iridient is a one man show, Adobe has a few more folks last time I checked.
It's hard to tell why, and it's not the first time, is it? I don't think there's any reason why Adobe wouldn't support it - and a small market share doesn't usually stop them. Lack of information from PhaseOne - you can certainly see why they might not be helpful. So one can only guess where the main difficulty lies.
-
I must be missing something on Reference View. The main, perhaps only, use I see for this would be to create a virtual copy and set soft proofing on for it, to edit to match back to the original under the printer profile. It would be great to be able to do this without going into PS. During my brief initial try of the feature, it doesn't look like one can soft proof the active frame. ???
Lloyd
You could already do this before and I do it all the time... In the Develop module:
A) Enable soft proofing and create a virtual Proof Copy
B) Enable the Before/After view
C) Set the before state to "Master Photo"
D) Edit the proof copy to match the Master
Mike
-
I am sorry, I overlooked that you did say iPad before. It's only on the iPhone at present, but seems to be coming to the iPad - about 2 years later than it should have done!
Agree on timeliness 😀
Happy Holidays John
-
Wow,.... Iridient is a one man show, Adobe has a few more folks last time I checked.
Paul Caldwell
Adobe used to be big with support and developers and all. Basically a true company with employees.
I think now with CC, most things are automated and only one guy is behind an actual desk that gets a pay check.
Everything else goes to an outsourced marketing company for CC.
-
Adobe used to be big with support and developers and all. Basically a true company with employees.
I think now with CC, most things are automated and only one guy is behind an actual desk that gets a pay check.
Everything else goes to an outsourced marketing company for CC.
Can't agree less with this comment. Lightroom and Lightroom mobile are great. I use them both everyday.
Sharon
-
Lightroom is just slow and really needs a huge speed upgrade. Mobile gets better and better.
Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
-
In every dot version of 6 there has been performance tuning. Yes, Mobile gets better and better.
Also see https://max.adobe.com/sessions/max-online/#16783. I suggest fast-forwarding to 11:30.
-
I watched a few minutes of it ... watching a few minutes of the “Nimbus” demo reminds me a little of Apple and the Aperture/Photos scenario.
Do you think their current development energies are on a project like this with an eventual migration away from Lr, or do you see Nimbus as a tool targeted for the same market as Photos on the Mac OS?
Not quite sure I see this as a good thing. Probably good for Adobe, but wondering how it will affect Lr development.
-
They're pitching this as desktop sibling to the mobile apps, not a Lightroom replacement, but only time will tell.
I remember that my very first reaction to Lightroom Mobile was to ask if I could run it on my laptop as the "networked Lightroom" I'd always expected. For some of us this Nimbus might be that tool, a desktop client for Lightroom that uses the cloud rather than local networks. But others find Lightroom too difficult, so for them it might be Adobe's Photos-equivalent. And while it's natural to wonder about resources, a lot of Lightroom enthusiasts have suggested there is space for a Lite version - too.
-
a lot of Lightroom enthusiasts have suggested there is space for a Lite version - too.
certainly agree there, just targeted for a completely different market than most of Adobe’s current software. Of course one of the easiest way to increase revenue is to to increase customer base. That’s the challenge with apple, their customer base has expanded exponentially since the introduction of the iPhone, but certainly most from a very different market segment, which means power users are perhaps not seeing as much interest from Apple on improving the mac.
-
a lot of Lightroom enthusiasts have suggested there is space for a Lite version - too.
Plus hopefully that would lead to the 'regular' Lightroom being able to go in the opposite direction.. Becoming more Photoshop-esque. Like a choice of demosaicing algorithms for starters, rotation/flip information becoming resettable to it's original state without having to remove and reimport or create VC's (ultra advanced feature, apparently), more clarity options (ala C1), diffraction correction (C1), a better color editor like C1 (and as local adjustments), curves under local adjustments (C1), more advancements in the Library module..... Oy! Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, here.. It's nice to dream, though. 8)
To me it doesn't matter that I wouldn't be an expert at all that. It would just be nice to have the options to.
-
Is there a way out of "Reference View" that doesn't involve leaving Develop?
-
Is there a way out of "Reference View" that doesn't involve leaving Develop?
Yes, you just click on the single image icon in the bottom left corner or push the D key.
-
Reference view is going to be very useful for me. I shoot thousands of product images. I shoot thethered and auto import into LR for client approval. Inevitably I have to match angles and lighting over periods of time. I will create collections of the various products for various clients then when shooting for them set the relevant image as a reference and then shoot to match. I'm going to love it. My clients are going to love it.
-
Reference view is going to be very useful for me. I shoot thousands of product images. I shoot thethered and auto import into LR for client approval. Inevitably I have to match angles and lighting over periods of time. I will create collections of the various products for various clients then when shooting for them set the relevant image as a reference and then shoot to match. I'm going to love it. My clients are going to love it.
I'm sure that is one reason why this tool was created, and creating collections of reference images is a good idea. One thought is to add them to the Favorite Sources - that's in the Recent Sources in the filmstrip.
I've found Ref View very handy for correcting colour casts from 10 and 15 stop ND filters. I can usually use other pics taken at the same time but without a filter
-
I wonder if "Reference View" would work well in a two monitor scenario (both monitors being identical or at least colour calibrated) with the Reference View on the second monitor?
-
I wonder if "Reference View" would work well in a two monitor scenario (both monitors being identical or at least colour calibrated) with the Reference View on the second monitor?
In fact, there was a way to do this before. You enabled the second screen and set it to a single "locked" image. It was very cumbersome, and even more obscure.