Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: armand on November 30, 2016, 05:10:29 pm
-
I started using this mostly to share some photos with remote family but on the side I also maintained a best of collection.
I don't think I will put this to sale or anything like it but I would still like to know what you think about the content. I know I'm pretty poor at self critique.
Any shots that definitely don't belong there? I have my eye on a few but I'm still emotionally attached to make a decision :D Of course I would like to know if you really like any in particular. Most have been through this site at some point in time.
http://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/
-
You've got a lot of fine photographs on the site. There are some broken parts--the "About" link doesn't work and the "Contact" page is a bit flaky.
I think the font is really small. Yellow on grey is okay, but I just have a heck of a time reading small fonts.
I have opinions about strengths and weaknesses, however I am reluctant to comment until I have a clearer understanding of your objective. What are your expectations?
-
Thanks. Honestly I didn't give much thought to the presentation (in case you didn't figure) but more to the content. I think I chose a theme long time ago and that's about it. I can see now that I can change more stuff than I thought and probably will try, as you are right, the fonts are quite small.
The purpose? I guess more like a showcase of some of my better shots.
-
I think I managed to increase the font size.
-
I just had a quick look at the Abstract gallery, and I like almost everything there (which doesn't surprise me). The only ones there that I would be tempted to omit are #14 (same subject as #13, but I like the composition in #13 better), and # 31, which I find less exciting than most of the others in the abstracts.
I'll take a look at some of the rest when I have more time.
You have some very fine work there.
-Eric
-
I made some dramatic changes to the interface:
http://armandtanase.zenfolio.com/
I just had a quick look at the Abstract gallery, and I like almost everything there (which doesn't surprise me). The only ones there that I would be tempted to omit are #14 (same subject as #13, but I like the composition in #13 better), and # 31, which I find less exciting than most of the others in the abstracts.
Thank you. Yes they are similar. I couldn't choose between them because while the subject is almost the same I think the mood is different. You might be right with the 31, I'll look more at it.
Again, while presentation is also important, I appreciate any comments on the content.
-
Hi, I think your site looked pretty good prior to your making these adjustments. Font was not too small, and the colour was good. I guess that all this does is prove the old saying regarding trying to please everyone.
-
Another quick glance:
1. The overall look is fine.
2. The B&W section has much good stuff.
3. The "About Me" might benefit from just a bit more detail. ;)
-
... 3. The "About Me" might benefit from just a bit more detail. ;)
I think I'll adopt Armand's approach myself: an empty "About Me" page would speak volumes about my inner state of mind :D
-
I think I'll adopt Armand's approach myself: and empty "About Me" page would speak volumes about my inner state of mind :D
How about something like:
"Watch this space.
NO! Really! Keep on watching!!"
-
I love your people section.
-
I love your people section.
Thank you
3. The "About Me" might benefit from just a bit more detail. ;)
I never thought about it therefore the blank. I was interested in presenting the photos, not myself ;). If I was more interested in selling I guess it would have been much more important.
-
Ahmmm... the menu is customizable ;)
-
Ahmmm... the menu is customizable ;)
So maybe you could just change the menu item to "About Slobodan." :D
-
I've had a little time and added a small text in the about section.
-
I've had a little time and added a small text in the about section.
Concise and to the point.
It's been quite clear to us for quite some time on the forum that you do good, thoughtful work, Armand.
-
Every time I hit the homepage, I get the same waterlillies image as the background, yet looking at the galleries there are much stronger images on your site.
I wonder why did you choose that image as the showcase of your site on your homepage rather than one of your other images?
Not saying the homepage image isn't good. The reflections give the water an almost painterly look, with the contrast of the very distinct and clear leaves. Just to me, there are much stronger images in your galleries, including in the nature gallery where that waterlillies image sits.
-
Concise and to the point.
It's been quite clear to us for quite some time on the forum that you do good, thoughtful work, Armand.
Thank you. There is a lot a luck involved with many of my better shots.
Every time I hit the homepage, I get the same waterlillies image as the background, yet looking at the galleries there are much stronger images on your site.
I wonder why did you choose that image as the showcase of your site on your homepage rather than one of your other images?
Not saying the homepage image isn't good. The reflections give the water an almost painterly look, with the contrast of the very distinct and clear leaves. Just to me, there are much stronger images in your galleries, including in the nature gallery where that waterlillies image sits.
The only reason I chose it was because I thought it looks good as a background. With the text covering so little of it though you are right, I should choose a stronger image.
I'm not sure if it's worth cycling through a particular collection, I'll probably stick to one image only and maybe change it every few months.