Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: adampal on November 26, 2016, 01:32:13 pm

Title: ICC profiles
Post by: adampal on November 26, 2016, 01:32:13 pm
   I have been all over the Epson web site and have not been able to find the ICC profiles for my p6000. They use to list paper by printer and it included the profiles but for the life of me I can't find them anywhere.
   Does anyone know where they are?

                     Thanks
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: Mark D Segal on November 26, 2016, 01:43:43 pm
They are most likely embedded in the driver. Download the driver package and unpack it. You should find them - sometimes buried rather deeply.
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: adampal on November 26, 2016, 02:08:56 pm
  The Legacy papers came out after I got the the p6000 and as far as I know the driver has not been updated , it is still 9.62 with a 12/3/15 date. the firmware has been updated updated a couple of times.
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: I.T. Supplies on November 26, 2016, 02:43:09 pm
You may want to contact Epson directly (562-276-1305) if they were able to update the drivers with the newest profiles.  Otherwise, the current driver should have majority of the profiles for Mac.  Windows looks to be updated to 11/2016.
https://epson.com/Support/Printers/Professional-Imaging-Printers/SureColor-Series/Epson-SureColor-P6000-Standard-Edition/s/SPT_SCP6000SE

As Mark stated, they could be packed in and the computer may not be reading them during installation; The rolls started shipping around November 15' and sheets were around late Feb/early March 16' due to getting the box just right to ship in.  So, they should be on the driver package someplace.  Definitely contact Epson to make sure and inform them it's for a Mac for better assistance.  As long as you don't install per AirPrint, you should be fine.  AirPrint will give you very limited settings when printing (hence no profile ability).
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: Mark D Segal on November 26, 2016, 03:46:15 pm
  The Legacy papers came out after I got the the p6000 and as far as I know the driver has not been updated , it is still 9.62 with a 12/3/15 date. the firmware has been updated updated a couple of times.

You're right - that is the latest posted driver version and I too could not find Legacy paper profiles in the list - I downloaded it, unpacked it and checked. Very strange, by now they should all be there somewhere.
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: Steven Rozansky on November 28, 2016, 02:49:17 pm
I downloaded them some time ago. I can email them to you if you would like.
Best....Steve
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: adampal on November 29, 2016, 01:15:38 pm
   Steven that would be great!

                         send to           [email protected]

                                                   thank you very much
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: adampal on November 29, 2016, 04:27:05 pm
     Mark I sent the question to Epson, here is there answer.
Thank you for contacting Epson regarding your Epson SureColor P6000 Standard Edition. It is my pleasure to respond to your inquiry.
 
Within the week they should be uploaded to the support site for the SureColor P6000.
 
If this did not resolve your issue, please reply to this email for further assistance. If you have a different support issue, submit a request via our U.S. or Canada Support Site and we will respond in a timely manner.
 
Thank you again for contacting Eps.

 
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: Mark D Segal on November 29, 2016, 04:29:23 pm
Thanks Adam. They do seem a tad tardy; one wonders why.
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: robertDthomas on November 29, 2016, 06:44:49 pm
I had the same problem trying to find the profiles for my new Epson p9000.  I found them through this link I got on the epson page for that printer under Faqs.  I just then copied them from this location over to library/ColorSync/profiles.  Restarted LR and there they were.

Here is the link:https://epson.com/faq/SPT_SCP9000SE~faq-298580.  This is for P9000 but it will be a similar directory for your named printer
Title: Re: ICC profiles
Post by: Steven Rozansky on November 30, 2016, 12:41:02 pm
Adam, sorry I have been offline. I will send you the profiles tonight.
Steve