Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on October 31, 2016, 02:25:58 pm

Title: Macabre
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 31, 2016, 02:25:58 pm
Macabre. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/10/31/macabre/)

Title: Re: Macabre
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 31, 2016, 07:19:38 pm
A fine ghost-face.
Title: Re: Macabre
Post by: Rob C on November 01, 2016, 11:05:16 am
Never mind the face: enjoy the rivers of blood running down beneath the window!

Rob
Title: Re: Macabre
Post by: churly on November 01, 2016, 03:30:26 pm
I had to come back this one a couple of times because I find it unsettling but don't know why.  It's not the face or the blood - maybe the balance disparity of the elements.
Chuck
Title: Re: Macabre
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 01, 2016, 05:36:02 pm
Thank you, all.

Chuck - I didn't notice the 'face' at all. It was the piece of cloth inside the window - in concert with the setting - that gave me the chills when I first saw it.