Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sierraman on October 24, 2016, 10:27:04 pm
-
Still looks the same as it did almost 50 years ago when the 1969 version of True Grit was filmed on this location. The famous scene when John Wayne's character charges the bad guys while riding his horse, reins in his mouth, rifle in one hand and a pistol in the other, took place in this meadow. Chimney Rock was the wonderful backdrop.
-
Nice colour and peaceful scene.
-
Very nice and the horseman adds a sense of scale. Well done.
-
I like the parallel structures -- sky, rock, aspen. If it were mine I would desaturate the grass a bit.
-
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. It had just rained on the meadow which might add to the color of the grass but I see your point. Something for me to work on. :)
-
Not much to add to the good comments but the reference to John Wayne is nice and I could immediately remember the scene.
Well done!
-
Just lovely. A TS lens could have helped keep the near trees upright using Shift.
-
Just lovely. A TS lens could have helped keep the near trees upright using Shift.
Thanks Rajan. I've gone back into Photoshop and straightened out the trees. :)