Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: marton on October 14, 2016, 08:33:24 pm

Title: Urban stuff
Post by: marton on October 14, 2016, 08:33:24 pm
(https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5788/30177721032_5cd10f76d2_o.jpg)



(https://c3.staticflickr.com/9/8647/29997509570_de260e34c5_o.jpg)



(https://c5.staticflickr.com/6/5690/29997583980_64d3db0d64_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Urban stuff
Post by: marton on October 15, 2016, 08:03:04 pm
(https://c8.staticflickr.com/2/1638/24342942503_244c74b7fc_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Urban stuff
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 15, 2016, 08:58:27 pm
I like the last one a lot. Very nice, rich tonalities.
Of the first three my favorite is the second.
Are these infrared by any chance? They do have that kind of flavor.
Title: Re: Urban stuff
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 16, 2016, 04:31:38 am
I like the last one a lot. Very nice, rich tonalities.

I agree. I like the first a lot as well, though I think the centre could do with being toned down a bit: it looks rather blown.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Urban stuff
Post by: stamper on October 16, 2016, 08:56:36 am
They look fine as presented but I do concede that different renderings are possible.
Title: Re: Urban stuff
Post by: marton on October 25, 2016, 12:46:49 am
Thanks for the comments. I like to experiment with extremes occasionally, and those are the results. It's one of the best things about digital photography
Title: Re: Urban stuff
Post by: N80 on October 27, 2016, 02:57:43 pm
I like the third one best. Very strong both in tonal range and composition. It is generally abstract but the particulars draw you into the image.