Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: James Clark on October 14, 2016, 06:51:00 pm

Title: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: James Clark on October 14, 2016, 06:51:00 pm
Some textures for your enjoyment!

Title: Re: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: HSakols on October 14, 2016, 07:19:57 pm
I like this kind of composition. 
Title: Re: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 15, 2016, 07:14:42 am
So do I. Geometric, simple, very appealing.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 15, 2016, 09:13:41 am
So do I. Geometric, simple, very appealing.

Jeremy
+1.
Title: Re: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: Arlen on October 15, 2016, 01:52:02 pm
I like it too, but maybe you can tell us how Adobe made it into the title. I'm assuming it has to do with the processing.
Title: Re: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: James Clark on October 15, 2016, 02:01:31 pm
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.  For the last year or two I've been working to draw my compositions back into ever more simple elements.  The process has been easy to conceptualize, but hard to master. Maybe next week I'll just post a dark frame ;)

Arlen, that's funny - I never thought about it that way.  Adobe in this case is the material the wall behind the tree trunk is made of.  :)
Title: Re: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: Arlen on October 15, 2016, 02:10:07 pm
Hah! Adobe's marketers would love it. They have supplanted the original meaning of the word in my mind.
Title: Re: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: James Clark on October 15, 2016, 02:27:49 pm
Hah! Adobe's marketers would love it. They have supplanted the original meaning of the word in my mind.

The city of Santa Fe, NM - sponsored by Adobe ;)
Title: Re: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 15, 2016, 05:18:01 pm
The city of Santa Fe, NM - sponsored by Adobe ;)
Surely that's where their headquarters is located, isn't it?   ;D
Title: Re: Aspen, Snow, and Adobe
Post by: francois on October 17, 2016, 04:48:01 am
Simple, nice and effective composition.