Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on September 28, 2016, 08:42:50 pm
-
The first snow arrived a couple of days ago in northern Utah, turning the Wasatch mountain tops white. This was proceeded by a small tornado two days prior that touched down in my town Ogden. But now, now it is Autumn.
-
When I zoom in until the bottom half of the image fills the screen, this image starts to glow. So, for me, it would be a crop excluding all of the sunlit areas or darken the top half right down. Alternatively wait in the cold until that beautiful colourful area gets lit by a few rays. Ken
-
I have to agree with ken, the interesting part of this photo is the lower half. I'm not too bothered by the upper part because my eyes quickly settle on the lower part and almost ignore the upper half of the image.
Bravo!
-
I like the upper part as well as the lower but they almost seems like two different images.
a pleasing shot to me anyway.
-
I also feel that they are two different photos. Both nice, but each distracts from the other when combined.
So I would separate the Siamese twins.
-
Fascinating reactions to this image. I will say I thought it was easy to process...at first but the more I starting playing the harder it got. I did print it out on my Epson 3880. Wife wasn't feeling it so I may re-attack. I've already done some small changes since I've posted this.
Mark
-
The bottom part is wonderful, Mark, and the image has a lot of potential. But I think you can improve it by bringing the difficult sky more into balance. When you're working on it, note that there is a dark line that's visible at the top of the near hills, maybe a result of selecting and darkening the sky with a brush that's too hard and not enough overlap onto the hills.