Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on September 06, 2016, 03:33:41 pm

Title: Orchids of Late Summer
Post by: Bob_B on September 06, 2016, 03:33:41 pm
A few of my orchids are in bloom, and I thought some here might enjoy their beauty. I wish we had "odorama" technology, because each has an amazing and different fragrance (chocolate = Ondocidium "Burgundian", sweet floral spice = Rhyncholaeliocattleya "Helene Belas", and freshly cut cilantro = Miltonia "Sunset". FWIW, "Helene Belas" is an orchid that I developed and named after my mother.

Anyhow, I hope you like these photos. Thank you for viewing, and please feel free to comment.

Best wishes,

    Bob
Title: Re: Orchids of Late Summer
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on September 06, 2016, 10:21:18 pm
Bob,

The orchids are very beautiful. They would be proud indeed if the background was set to show them off even more.



Title: Re: Orchids of Late Summer
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 07, 2016, 04:10:44 am
I agree, nice flowers and good light, but the background (wall, textured?) does not do much.
Title: Re: Orchids of Late Summer
Post by: Bob_B on September 07, 2016, 08:26:18 am
Thank you Leszek and Paulo. I rather liked the background (a sheet of slightly dirty white styrofoam board), but I appreciate your points about it distracting from the flower. Here's the same photo, but with a much reduced background texture.
Title: Re: Orchids of Late Summer
Post by: sdwilsonsct on September 07, 2016, 09:18:28 am
I'm envious, Bob. Nice treatment, the flowers are big enough to make an impact.
Title: Re: Orchids of Late Summer
Post by: Leszek Piotrowski on September 07, 2016, 04:49:29 pm
That orchid is smiling proudly now. Wonderful!
Title: Re: Orchids of Late Summer
Post by: Bob_B on September 07, 2016, 05:10:15 pm
Thank you Scott and Leszek.
Title: Re: Orchids of Late Summer
Post by: Sean H on September 11, 2016, 10:03:52 am
+1
I'm envious, Bob. Nice treatment, the flowers are big enough to make an impact.
Title: Re: Orchids of Late Summer
Post by: Bob_B on September 11, 2016, 12:28:19 pm
Thank you Sean.