Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on July 14, 2016, 04:42:59 pm

Title: YAG
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 14, 2016, 04:42:59 pm
No, not a laser; yet another growler.

Any thoughts?

Jeremy
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: RSL on July 14, 2016, 05:45:37 pm
Yes. Another growler?
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: stamper on July 15, 2016, 03:54:33 am
Jeremy I have been guilty of it myself. When you think you are on a roll, which you have been on in the past, then you think I will post more of the same type of image that will interest the members and then suddenly they no longer respond. Variety is the spice of life?
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 15, 2016, 03:56:02 am
Jeremy I have been guilty of it myself. When you think you are on a roll, which you have been on in the past, then you think I will post more of the same type of image that will interest the members and then suddenly they no longer respond. Variety is the spice of life?

You're right. I shall move on.

Jeremy
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: sdwilsonsct on July 15, 2016, 06:14:44 am
Jeremy I have been guilty of it myself. When you think you are on a roll, which you have been on in the past, then you think I will post more of the same type of image that will interest the members and then suddenly they no longer respond. Variety is the spice of life?

Thanks for bumping this up, Stamper. It's one of my favorites from Jeremy's trip: action, colour, texture are all good.

I agree that a bit of time between postings seems to perk up the attention of readers.
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: Chairman Bill on July 15, 2016, 08:42:11 am
I like it. The limited colour palette makes the blue ice stand out nicely. The crashing waves frame it nicely. And it isn't a ten minute exposure wih milky water and blurring. That makes a refreshing change from too many photos I see :-)
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 15, 2016, 09:23:11 am
I like it, too.
But most of your other recent posts have been outstanding. This one is merely good.  ;)
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on July 15, 2016, 12:42:21 pm
Love it. You have to be lucky to find one just in the right place.
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: Zorki5 on July 15, 2016, 12:58:29 pm
Jeremy I have been guilty of it myself. When you think you are on a roll, which you have been on in the past, then you think I will post more of the same type of image that will interest the members and then suddenly they no longer respond. Variety is the spice of life?

Usually, I would agree... BUT

this particular growler happens to be the best (IMHO) that I've seen so far from Jeremy. Glad he posted it.
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: luxborealis on July 19, 2016, 04:56:15 pm
I, too, love this photo. It is very engaging. My only nit is the ice in the lower left; it disturbs/intrudes upon the near (but clearly not true) symmetry of the oblong ice, waves crashing over a dark pebble beach.
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 20, 2016, 01:20:26 pm
Thanks, all.

Jeremy
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: RSL on July 20, 2016, 03:10:24 pm
I, too, love this photo. It is very engaging. My only nit is the ice in the lower left; it disturbs/intrudes upon the near (but clearly not true) symmetry of the oblong ice, waves crashing over a dark pebble beach.

Well damn that ice. Probably one needs to carry a bazooka when going after growlers so one can clear off disturbing chunks that don't belong in the picture.
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 20, 2016, 04:17:49 pm
Well damn that ice. Probably one needs to carry a bazooka when going after growlers so one can clear off disturbing chunks that don't belong in the picture.
Or simply become an expert in the use of Adobe's Internal Cropping Tool (i.e., Content Aware Fill ...)    :D
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: RSL on July 20, 2016, 04:28:29 pm
Yeah, there's that too, but a bazooka would be a lot more fun.
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on July 20, 2016, 06:06:12 pm
 ;
Yeah, there's that too, but a bazooka would be a lot more fun.
:D
Title: Re: YAG
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on July 21, 2016, 03:49:28 am
Well damn that ice. Probably one needs to carry a bazooka when going after growlers so one can clear off disturbing chunks that don't belong in the picture.

A flame-thrower would have been adequate. It's ice, after all.

Jeremy