Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on June 20, 2016, 03:07:50 pm

Title: Stairway
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 20, 2016, 03:07:50 pm
Any reactions to this image?  Thanks, t
Title: Re: Stairway
Post by: Otto Phocus on June 21, 2016, 06:45:43 am
Perhaps this could work well in color so that the separation of the vegetation on the rail would be more apparent.

I also find the shadow a little distracting.

What were you going after in this scene?
Title: Re: Stairway
Post by: stamper on June 21, 2016, 09:19:36 am
A fine B&W rendering imo. Contrast isn't everyone's cup of tea but if it is yours then you should persist.
Title: Re: Stairway
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 21, 2016, 11:28:21 am
Perhaps this could work well in color so that the separation of the vegetation on the rail would be more apparent.

I also find the shadow a little distracting.

What were you going after in this scene?
A good suggestion I vetoed from the start. I will re-visit as I now see that potential. Thanks, t
Title: Re: Stairway
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 21, 2016, 11:32:54 am
A fine B&W rendering imo. Contrast isn't everyone's cup of tea but if it is yours then you should persist.
I kind of liked the way the shadow moves like a lightening strike but not happy yet with the stairs and the vine. Thank you for your thoughts Stamper.