Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jnmoore on June 18, 2016, 12:27:53 pm

Title: source for self adhesive gator board
Post by: jnmoore on June 18, 2016, 12:27:53 pm
I live in Nanaimo, BC. Looking for a source for self-adhesive black Gator Board (Foam). I'd like to try getting it cut into 17X22 inch size then mounting metallic prints from my Epson P800. Then I will see what the new "ART Resin" (http://www.artresin.ca/?gclid=CP38kPv-sc0CFQ5qfgodfCwEsw) with UV protection will do when applied on top. Mount some 1X1s on the back for stand off from the wall and wire as needed.

Any suggestions? So far no sources here or Opus in Victoria.

John
Title: Re: source for self adhesive gator board
Post by: azmike on June 18, 2016, 01:04:59 pm
John,

Coda has a variety of boards with adhesive. www.codamount.com  Their price list didn't have 17x22 but the footnote offered to cut to custom sizes.  I've purchased rolls of cold adhesive from Coda and couldn't be happier with their service.

Mike Coffey
Prescott, Arizona
Title: Re: source for self adhesive gator board
Post by: howardm on June 18, 2016, 01:47:29 pm
I've heard good things about this place (no personal experience though)

http://www.artsupply.com/foamcore/self%20adhesive%20gatorboard.htm
Title: Re: source for self adhesive gator board
Post by: jnmoore on June 18, 2016, 06:40:41 pm
Thanks to both ideas. They look good except I was hoping for a Canadian suppier to avoid high shipping and customs clearance costs. I'll phone on monday and see what they say.
Title: Re: source for self adhesive gator board
Post by: jnmoore on June 18, 2016, 06:44:21 pm
Mike—do you know if their adhesive is art friendly; I'm thinking this may be the weak part of my plan?

John