Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on June 13, 2016, 11:41:09 am
-
The water level just peaked and the creek is flooding in a few spots which brings the wild iris to life along the banks.
(https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7402/27614092425_697a51a666_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/J5arBP)IMGP4020-HDR-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/J5arBP) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
(https://c3.staticflickr.com/8/7338/27337108970_9efed9aef8_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/HDFQ61)IMGP4029-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/HDFQ61) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
-
The first one does it for me.
-
The first one does it for me.
Me too.
-
Very nice
-
Thanks! Worth some soggy feet I think.
-
I like both but the first one is more pleasant for me. There's a good balance between the dark foreground and the sky… It looks very natural and it's not easy to achieve that result.
-
I like both but the first one is more pleasant for me. There's a good balance between the dark foreground and the sky… It looks very natural and it's not easy to achieve that result.
Thanks! That one is a HDR done in LR6 (with tone mapping unchecked) which gives me the extra DR to bring some detail to shadows and highlights. I try to use a light hand when doing this kind of shot with the intention of reproducing the scene as it appeared to me and not embellishing it.