Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: mseawell on June 12, 2016, 09:00:50 am

Title: Bryce Morning
Post by: mseawell on June 12, 2016, 09:00:50 am
Bryce Canyon. This tribute by the forces of nature is just so unique and striking one can't failed to be impressed. On this particular morning in April, I made the journey to Sunrise Point. My journey did not start well as a loud group of tourist arrived and quickly departed after sunrise and for this I was very appreciative. I made my way down the trail and the landscape peeled back like an onion, slowly revealing itself as the light changed. I loved it all, this Bryce morning.

Olympus OMD-E5MKII, Lumix 100-300mm
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: Neil Williams on June 12, 2016, 09:12:40 am
Wary wary ni
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: brandtb on June 12, 2016, 10:13:07 am
very nice
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 12, 2016, 11:29:00 am
Beautiful.
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: graeme on June 12, 2016, 11:32:21 am
I don't normally connect with grand landscape photography but I really like this one.
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: thierrylegros396 on June 12, 2016, 12:45:15 pm
Amazing one.

Thierry
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 12, 2016, 02:09:54 pm
Lovely shot of a stunning location.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: Colorado David on June 12, 2016, 03:06:14 pm
Tremendous light.  Well done.
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: John Koerner on June 12, 2016, 04:55:27 pm
Tremendous light.  Well done.

Ditto, very nice.
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: francois on June 13, 2016, 05:49:29 am
Another beauty from Bryce!
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: stamper on June 13, 2016, 06:27:06 am
I must join in the chorus. I prefer more contrast but this time it is fine.
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: biker on June 13, 2016, 10:21:27 am
Almost like "not from this world". Very nice. 8)
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: MattBurt on June 13, 2016, 11:46:18 am
Good use of telephoto compression and wonderful light!
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: Arlen on June 13, 2016, 12:41:30 pm
It's gorgeous, Mark. And remarkably three dimensional.
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 14, 2016, 04:08:00 am
Love the light on that first row of spines. Looks to me the whole image has a "painterly" effect, or smoothness, that robs away some of the texture?
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: mseawell on June 15, 2016, 08:49:51 am
Thanks for all the comments! Paul, no filter on the image. I suspect my Lumix 100-300 was pushed to its limits. This lens is NOT known for sharpness.

Mark
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: Walt Roycraft on June 16, 2016, 04:23:01 pm
Tremendous light.  Well done.

+1
Title: Re: Bryce Morning
Post by: Arlen on June 18, 2016, 01:29:54 pm
Thanks for all the comments! Paul, no filter on the image. I suspect my Lumix 100-300 was pushed to its limits. This lens is NOT known for sharpness.

Mark

Mark, I have the same lens; used first on a Panasonic GH2, and now on an Olympus E-M1. It's pretty decent at 100 mm, but I agree it gets soft at 300. I'm finding that using deconvolution sharpening with InFocus or Piccure+ helps quite a bit in bringing out detail. Though I think this shot looks fine as is.