Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Todd Suttles on June 06, 2016, 11:52:21 am

Title: Which Composition?
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 06, 2016, 11:52:21 am
Any feelings one way or the other as to whether one compostion is better than the other?
Title: Re: Which Composition?
Post by: RSL on June 06, 2016, 12:03:07 pm
I prefer the one with more context, Todd, but that's just a personal opinion. It all depends on what you're trying to convey with the picture.

How far did you push the saturation slider?
Title: Re: Which Composition?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 06, 2016, 12:38:56 pm
I also prefer the one with more context.
Title: Re: Which Composition?
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 06, 2016, 02:58:53 pm
I prefer the one with more context, Todd, but that's just a personal opinion. It all depends on what you're trying to convey with the picture.

How far did you push the saturation slider?
LOL!! Too far! Thanks Russ!  I went back to my original, non-cropped full frame with less work. Better I think, unless someone disagrees.
Title: Re: Which Composition?
Post by: RSL on June 06, 2016, 03:02:13 pm
Even if someone disagrees it's still better. Actually, I probably shouldn't put it that way. It's more realistic, only better if you don't like over-saturated colors. I'm a wabi sabi fan, so I'm in favor of a true representation of the thing itself.
Title: Re: Which Composition?
Post by: GrahamBy on June 06, 2016, 03:22:57 pm
What Russ said :-)
Title: Re: Which Composition?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 06, 2016, 08:36:36 pm
What Russ said :-)
+1.
Title: Re: Which Composition?
Post by: Todd Suttles on June 06, 2016, 09:21:41 pm
Even if someone disagrees it's still better. Actually, I probably shouldn't put it that way. It's more realistic, only better if you don't like over-saturated colors. I'm a wabi sabi fan, so I'm in favor of a true representation of the thing itself.
Learning and trusting when to stop, what not to do, what is needed are my mine fields. I appreciate everyones feed back. I will get there one day, where ever that is. I am trying to learn as I go. Some lessons are quicker absorbed that others. Thank you again. t
Title: Re: Which Composition?
Post by: GrahamBy on June 07, 2016, 02:48:05 am
I will get there one day, where ever that is.

Hopefully not... what would you do then?  ;)
Title: Re: Which Composition?
Post by: stamper on June 07, 2016, 03:47:16 am
#2 for me because you see more of the house and the red piece of wood stops the eye from leaving the scene. I like the reds in the image so no desaturation for me. It all depends if you like realism or an artistic effect...room for both?