Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on May 26, 2016, 10:58:42 am

Title: Urban Sculpture
Post by: RSL on May 26, 2016, 10:58:42 am
.
Title: Re: Urban Sculpture
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 26, 2016, 12:43:32 pm
Ah, what a beautiful candidate for cropping!

P.S. Or going back and framing tighter ;)
Title: Re: Urban Sculpture
Post by: Rob C on May 26, 2016, 02:34:27 pm
Ah, what a beautiful candidate for cropping!

P.S. Or going back and framing tighter ;)

What, like this?

(http://www.roma57.com/uploads/4/2/8/7/4287956/44819_orig.jpg)

Sorry Russ, couldn't resist simulacrum... ;-)

Rob
Title: Re: Urban Sculpture
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 26, 2016, 02:38:22 pm
Nicely seen, Russ, but I think the pipe on the left spoils it (which I think is what Slobodan was getting at).

Jeremy
Title: Re: Urban Sculpture
Post by: RSL on May 26, 2016, 02:39:39 pm
Hi Slobodan, It happens I have a slew of pictures of that wall, cropped (in the camera) in various ways. This is the one I chose out of the bunch. Unfortunately that alley got "cleaned up," and the wall surface has been turned into the kind of YEGO monotony I get from TV. In any case it's in Colorado Springs and I'm in Florida, so any additions to my wall series is kaput. Oh, and the pipe that irritates Jeremy has been removed.

Give me an example of how you'd crop it.
Title: Re: Urban Sculpture
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 26, 2016, 03:30:00 pm
... Give me an example of how you'd crop it.

For instance (plus some minor tweaking):
Title: Re: Urban Sculpture
Post by: RSL on May 26, 2016, 03:34:49 pm
Good, but you missed the cap on that long slash on the right.
Title: Re: Urban Sculpture
Post by: Rob C on May 26, 2016, 03:59:59 pm
It's empty without the pipe. Bring back the pipe!

Rob
Title: Re: Urban Sculpture
Post by: RSL on May 26, 2016, 04:07:02 pm
I agree (obviously).