Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: deliberate1 on April 27, 2016, 10:19:24 am
-
Friends, I recently received a very nice mat cutter and need to figure out how to use it. Any online resources - Youtube, print, etc, would be appreciated.
Do mat manufacturers offer color cards to help with the right color selection? If so, suggestions?
Many thanks
David
-
Brand of mat cutter would help, i.e. Logan, Fletcher, C+H etc.
Paul C
-
Paul, thanks for yours. The cutter .is a Logan 450-1. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
David
-
Logan have quite a few how to video's on their website.
http://www.logangraphic.com/blog/category/videos/
There are also blog articles with other information as well.
They also have a complete guide to the Picture Framing Process which looks to be very extensive.
http://www.logangraphic.com/the-complete-guide-to-the-picture-framing-process/
Cheers,
Gary
-
Many thanks.I will check out the vids.
And what of the mat samples. Any resources that you are aware of?
-
Archival Methods Matting Series (http://www.archivalmethods.com/blog/series/matting/)
-
Many thanks.I will check out the vids.
And what of the mat samples. Any resources that you are aware of?
I use Rising mat boards which are readily available from my supplier. You can order the "Rising Corner Kit" for $20. here (http://www.legionpaper.com/samples/). This provides you with corner samples of all the various weights and colors available. Very useful to have when deciding on your standard weight and color for framing/matting.
-
I use Rising mat boards which are readily available from my supplier. You can order the "Rising Corner Kit" for $20. here (http://www.legionpaper.com/samples/). This provides you with corner samples of all the various weights and colors available. Very useful to have when deciding on your standard weight and color for framing/matting.
Perfect. Many thanks.
David
-
Archival Methods Matting Series (http://www.archivalmethods.com/blog/series/matting/)
Very helpful. Obliged.
David
-
Thanks from me, too, Datro, for the tip about the Rising mat boards. I've tried fabric mats, but basically I just can't cut straight. Need a system with clamps and a cutting groove maybe.