Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on April 14, 2016, 12:24:10 am

Title: The Stranger
Post by: petermfiore on April 14, 2016, 12:24:10 am
The Stranger...

Peter
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: Rob C on April 14, 2016, 03:34:55 am
Ah Peter, an artist always wins.

Beautiful.

Rob C
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: stamper on April 14, 2016, 03:37:23 am
All of the elements are perfectly aligned and the processing is first class. One of the best images I have seen on here in a while. I have in recent weeks been trying to do something similar with little success so I know how hard it is to get a worthwhile image. You must have been a happy man when you tripped the shutter?
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: philaitman on April 14, 2016, 03:50:14 am
Fantastic, every piece of light is in exactly the right place.
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: graeme on April 14, 2016, 04:40:38 am
Fantastic, every piece of light is in exactly the right place.

+1
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: Tony Jay on April 14, 2016, 05:54:49 am
Wonderfully enigmatic image!

I feel a spy novel coming on...

Tony Jay
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 14, 2016, 06:01:09 am
Intriguing.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: RSL on April 14, 2016, 09:06:04 am
Splendid shot Peter. Bravo!
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 14, 2016, 09:24:06 am
Terrific shot!
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: John R on April 14, 2016, 10:15:53 am
Magnificent shot. It has a three dimensional quality, which really raises it to higher level.

JR
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 14, 2016, 01:48:38 pm
Lovely.
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: petermfiore on April 14, 2016, 02:59:01 pm
Thank you all very much.

Rob, you brought a tear to my heart...

Peter
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: Rob C on April 14, 2016, 04:00:36 pm
Thank you all very much.

Rob, you brought a tear to my heart...

Peter


Well, Peter, we both know it's not about technique: it's about vision.

Yes, technique works wonders, but it doesn't create the basic structure, the concept that works, that can work so rapidly it sees the thing almost before it happens. The artist does that. Every time. And it requires an artist to do that, or it becomes fluke and not a lot more. Men and the boys, and all that jazz!

;-)

Rob

Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: MattBurt on April 14, 2016, 05:29:20 pm
Good shot and technically excellent. The light and shadows are interesting as is the man.
On top of all that it reminds me of an old favorite song from my youth. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdLPI6XhEN8
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: Rob C on April 14, 2016, 05:40:07 pm
Good shot and technically excellent. The light and shadows are interesting as is the man.
On top of all that it reminds me of an old favorite song from my youth. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdLPI6XhEN8


Thanks; now I realise I can't even whistle properly. I thought it bad enough I couldn't sing.

Rob
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: MattBurt on April 14, 2016, 05:50:25 pm
Well there's always humming.
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: Rob C on April 15, 2016, 09:51:11 am
Well there's always humming.

Hey, I shower every day!

Rob C
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: RKAMARI on April 20, 2016, 10:02:25 am
So beautiful image. I love tonning.
Title: Re: The Stranger
Post by: David Eckels on April 27, 2016, 08:07:15 pm
Wonderfully enigmatic image!

I feel a spy novel coming on...

Tony Jay
What he said.