Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on April 12, 2016, 07:49:26 am

Title: Not in a Hurry
Post by: stamper on April 12, 2016, 07:49:26 am
?
Title: Re: Not in a Hurry
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 12, 2016, 09:41:18 am
Great shot.
Title: Re: Not in a Hurry
Post by: muntanela on April 12, 2016, 02:11:10 pm
The power of a smartphone...
Title: Re: Not in a Hurry
Post by: francois on April 13, 2016, 05:09:46 am
This is an excellent shot, I like it a lot and the title is perfect.
Congrats.
Title: Re: Not in a Hurry
Post by: rogerxnz on April 13, 2016, 06:34:50 am
Great concept but I would try cropping to remove the feet from the top of the frame and, possibly, the blur at the right edge.

You would then be drawing more attention to the subject.
Roger
Title: Re: Not in a Hurry
Post by: petermfiore on April 13, 2016, 06:47:36 am
I feel the crop is wonderful. Gives dimension and depth....I usually run into a stopped phone user at the top of an escalator.

Peter
Title: Re: Not in a Hurry
Post by: stamper on April 13, 2016, 07:01:30 am
Great concept but I would try cropping to remove the feet from the top of the frame and, possibly, the blur at the right edge.

You would then be drawing more attention to the subject.
Roger

I thought about a crop but I wanted areas of blur surrounding the static person so he looks like an island in the center of confusion. I have a phone but don't use it for photography. Olympus EM5, shutter speed 1/8 of a second hand held with a ND filter. Thanks for the feedback.
Title: Re: Not in a Hurry
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 13, 2016, 10:46:40 am
No crop; no crop! It's perfect as is.
Title: Re: Not in a Hurry
Post by: RSL on April 13, 2016, 10:57:29 am
Hear hear! I'm a late comer, but Eric's right.