Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: David Eichler on April 10, 2016, 07:48:29 pm

Title: Smart Object Layer
Post by: David Eichler on April 10, 2016, 07:48:29 pm
Does anyone know why Lightroom does not provide the ability to automatically open multiple images as stacked and aligned Smart Object layers in Photoshop? Is it too technically difficult to achieve?
Title: Re: Smart Object Layer
Post by: fdisilvestro on April 11, 2016, 05:14:46 am
As far as I know Photoshop cannot auto-align nor auto-blend smart objects layers, only standard rgb or grayscale layers. The same applies to Merge to HDR Pro and Photomerge in Photoshop.
Title: Re: Smart Object Layer
Post by: David Eichler on April 13, 2016, 02:19:52 pm
As far as I know Photoshop cannot auto-align nor auto-blend smart objects layers, only standard rgb or grayscale layers. The same applies to Merge to HDR Pro and Photomerge in Photoshop.

I am not asking about autoblending. I am only asking about stacking smart object layers, and I want these aligned with each other. With LR, I can open up individual images separately as smart objects in PS and then use Shift-Move to move these smart objects onto one of the other smart objects to create stacked and aligned smart object layers. I would just prefer to be able to do this more easily.
Title: Re: Smart Object Layer
Post by: john beardsworth on April 13, 2016, 03:01:21 pm
You could probably write a Photoshop action to do it. Launch it from a keyboard shortcut.