Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Remo Nonaz on March 28, 2016, 12:18:01 pm

Title: Epson 4900 Nozzle Check Color Order
Post by: Remo Nonaz on March 28, 2016, 12:18:01 pm
I have a used 4900 that I am attempting to resurrect for black and white printing. Presently all of the cartridges (Cone) are loaded with Cone piezoflush. Using a 10-color purge page I can see that only orange, yellow and green are printing. When I run a nozzle check only one color prints. Since I am only printing piezoflush, I have no way of knowing which colors are printing in the nozzle check - anything that prints is piezoflush pink.

Can anyone tell me what the correct order of the inks is when a nozzle check is printed? How is this read - i.e. which is left and right? I am assuming the sheet comes out top down, so if I turn it around so that the print out is along the top, the box on the left would be #1, but what color? (Note that no blacks are printing, so any lettering on the page is not getting printed at all.)
Title: Re: Epson 4900 Nozzle Check Color Order
Post by: Mark D Segal on March 28, 2016, 12:51:27 pm
Reading from left to right, the nozzle check printout is as follows:

Cyan
Vivid Magenta
Photo/Matte Black
Light Black
Orange
Green
Light light Black
Yellow
Vivid Light Magenta
Light Cyan
Title: Re: Epson 4900 Nozzle Check Color Order
Post by: Remo Nonaz on March 28, 2016, 01:24:16 pm
Thank's Mark. That clears that up. Now I now that yellow is printing a stripe in the purge page and prints a clean nozzle check. Orange and green print fine on a purge page but don't print anything in a nozzle check. All the other colors print nothing at all... work to be done!