Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: hassiman on March 11, 2016, 05:13:56 pm

Title: Anyone here tried the WonderPana Free Arc Filter system on the 14-24 Nikon?
Post by: hassiman on March 11, 2016, 05:13:56 pm
Is it a good system?

Thanks
Title: No and yes
Post by: jeffreybehr on March 12, 2016, 05:02:02 pm
No, I've not tried it with the Nikon 14-24, but I have used the system, on Canon TS-E lenses of 17mm and 24mm and on other UWA lenses with filter-threads of 77- and 82mm.

The system is not inexpensive but it works as advertised, allowing 6-1/2" (165mm)-wide side-in and 145mm screw-on filters to be used with UWA lenses.  I have a 145mm screw-on CPL (and an ND-too, I think) and grad-ND slide-in filters for mine.  I know I have (or, perhaps more accurately at least HAD) a bunch of pics but can't find them now.

My WonderPana systems are now for sale as I no longer own lenses that need them.  E-mail me at jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net if you're at all interested.
Title: Re: Anyone here tried the WonderPana Free Arc Filter system on the 14-24 Nikon?
Post by: Conner999 on March 13, 2016, 07:59:51 am
Not used the WonderPana, but when doing some research for an UW zoom i was thinking of buying, it was a real toss-up between the systems.

Some have better, more secure mounts, some better filters, some use custom filter sizes, forcing you into their mount - and only them as a supplier.

In the end I settled on a nice local Lee SW150 MK1 w/the new rubber light shield (making it a MkII unit) that came with a 14-24 mount.  I was intending to use a different ring for the lens I was thinking of, but in the end decided against the zoom I had in mind, so the kit is for sale.

So, IF you decide against the WP for some reason, I have a SW150 kit, with rubber light shield for the 14-24 for sale - US$210 shipped in NA (Canada Post Normal Post) for the SW150 Mk1, light shield & mounting ring for the 14-24. No filters (never got that far ;>). Drop me a PM if interested.