Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Enir on May 08, 2006, 02:08:26 pm
-
I'm thinking about buying the Leica D-LUX 2, similar to the Panasonic LX-1. Before getting it, I would like to know if there is a way to get rid of the noise present in its pictures. Aside from the noise, it looks to me as the perfect pocket camera.
Your help will be more than welcome.
Enrique
-
A program like Noise Ninja (http://www.picturecode.com/) works very well. I even have custom profiles available (http://www.dynamicartwork.com/downloads/#nnprofile) for NN and the LX1 if you shoot RAW and process with ACR.
-
As I read this thread both my leica Digilux 2 and a tape measure were at hand. I know not how large your pockets are but I would not call this a pocket camera by any means.
3.25 inches high
5.5 inches wide
2 inch deep body not coiunting the lens
4.5 inch deep body with lens and lens flare hood
It is light at 1.6 Lbs and that was a major factor when I decided to buy it. OK, ok, I also wanted a Leica for the first time in my life
I shoot a lot at music fests and such local entertainement and like the results just fine although at 5 Mpixels if you want to print your work 8 inches x 10 inches is about the limit so you better get the framing right as there is not a lot of room to crop and still have enough pixels left.
About the noise, I was never bothered by it.
At any rate it is a wondeful camera to cary around all day and shoot without anyone taking note of it (so far).
I do not understand what point and shoot means as this camera can like so many others be used fully automatically or fully under manual control or somewhere between the two. Has point and shoot come to imply anything other than SLR or DLSR?
Robert
-
Spoecker,
He means the newer D-LUX 2 which is smaller than the Digilux 2.
-
Spoecker,
He means the newer D-LUX 2 which is smaller than the Digilux 2.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64839\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I mean the D-Lux 2, the twin sister of the Panasonic LX1. By the way, I read that some of the lens elements are different in these 2 cameras, better in the Leica. Is it true?
Enrique
-
I mean the D-Lux 2, the twin sister of the Panasonic LX1. By the way, I read that some of the lens elements are different in these 2 cameras, better in the Leica. Is it true?
Enrique
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64841\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ooops, my mistake. Why would Leica call one camera a Digilux 2 and a later one a D-lux 2. Are they in a silly confusing naming war with Canon?
Robert
-
I mean the D-Lux 2, the twin sister of the Panasonic LX1. By the way, I read that some of the lens elements are different in these 2 cameras, better in the Leica. Is it true?
Enrique
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=64841\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No, they are identical.